Thread: Certified shotgun only?

Default Certified shotgun only?

Ok reading under the Certified shotgun only section, it says you must have a taken a ADF&G basic hunter safety course. What does this really mean? My basic hunter safety taken 20yrs ago in Maine isn't good enough? Does ANY ADF&G course count? If I have taken the bow certification or muzzleloader cert course, does this count? Just trying to clarify if I am legal to apply to these areas, or do I have to take another course. Not against taking another course, just wondering. I always learn SOMETHING or meet someone interesting and make lifelong friends at these courses.

ANY law dogs out there wish to carify for me?

Just cruise on down the the local AF&G office (or give them a call) to inform them of your previous certifications. They generally accept such certificates and would require proof. I asked the same question regarding my youngest who took a Hunter's Education course in Texas four years ago and it applied.

my guess is a 20 year old basic hunter course is just as good as any
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default it is a seperate class

your course from 20years ago should be fine. the basic class just goes over general hunting basic knowledge. they use shotguns for demo's and this type of course if required for a few special hunts. plus now most of the valley and other units require you to have a card or be a certain age i think. just better to see if you other 20 year old card will count, if not sign up for a class. it was about an 8 hour course on a saturday.