Thread: Delta Jct.,.....So Exciting,...or,....??

Default Delta Jct.,.....So Exciting,...or,....??

Thought I'd ask,..."If you had the Opportunity,..to hang out in Delta Jct., in late October,...??

Would you Be Thrilled,...and if so, why,...??

What would you send a friend to do, to, "Appreciate the Land,"...indoors or out ??
    everything from Good Coffee shops, to Outstanding River Bank Trail explorations, to,
    "have camera,..... can I find Bison herd or Exotic Grouse Coveys to PhotoHunt ?"

I'll be there for several days,..won't be working too hard, and maybe a fair amount of time to cruise around
    yet, it was probably more than 20 yrs ago, that I drove thru there a few times

All I recall is Flatland Bison Country,..there must have been some major rivers

then, of course, realizing that, the AOD Headquarters are there, I have to wonder,....
    "Maybe I've been missing out, on The Hub, of the Alaskan Outdoors ??"

Okay, enough joking around, seriously folks, I "Get To" go to Delta Jct. maybe do some exploring around
    won't be needing to Fish or Hunt anything, but,

I'd sure like to see what's there, that makes it a fun place to live,...ideas, suggestions, anyone,...(?),...and Thanks
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Thought I'd ask,..."If you had the Opportunity,..to hang out in Delta Jct., in late October,...??
    PM me your dates- I'll be out of town part of Oct. but if we can cross paths the coffee's on me.

Weather is pretty variable in late Oct. Could be cold, could be deep snow, could be grand. This time of year I spend a lot of time grouse and ptarmigan hunting.

Depending on how much time you've got a couple good books might be in order.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I'd have to say driving around to get a glimpse of some bison to take pics of would be a real fun thing to do. Ask around town where they have been seen and go for it. We hunted them in March once and it was real cold and lots of snow, but in Oct. you may get lucky. Although I really didn't care that much for hunting them in, what felt like was in people's backyards, I will say that I will never cease to be amazed at looking at these critters. Especially when a big bull steps out. And the way I know you like to take pics I think if you were to find a herd you would really enjoy it.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Kodiak I would have to say the bison would be at the top of my list.. I had the fortune of guiding a bison hunt a few years back over in farewell and it was the coolest hunt I ever guided... Something about hiding in a small brush pile with dozens of massive critters walking within spitting distance of ya.. I formed a whole new respect for them on that trip especially when one tried to stomp me..lol Hope you have a great time exploring up there..
    Dave

Just got backfrom a failed cow moose hunt up there. We drove in town and before we knew itwe were driving out of town. We turned around and thought there was more of thetown down "that road". Nope there we were heading out of town again.So we turned around, drove back in town, found a diner and had lunch, went toIGA and then went back to camp. Would like to spend more time out in the hillsaround there sometime.

Olin

Default Vroom,...oh, that was Delta,..back there ??

Yep, I nearly missed it the first time thru,...

been out on a Sunny day tho, and found a "Different Kind of Alaska,... for sure

Fence Rows,...

and a few of the Mighty Ones,...

Behind a fence anyway,...

Hope to post Better Pics later,...within Smellin' Distance

Really Enjoying the Delta Jct. Valley area so far,....but it's only been one day,....not sure how to stay entertained

Anyone have more specifics on roads to drive down, general areas to search, for the Wild Bison Photo Hunt ??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Hmm, I remember seeing both fences and bison on Kodiak down near Pasagshak. Not nearly as much flat ground though.