Thread: Ruger LCP

Default Ruger LCP

Today while attending a desert long range shooting school my little LCP came in handy. This crazy Diamond Back went high speed from under the deck and struck at an instructor. It actually snagged a fang on his pant leg as he was trying to get away from the strike, no skin penetration.

I yanked my LCP ASAP and put one in it's head. That's one shot with a head entry and exit that also hit the body with another entry and exit. These little guns aren't the most accurate but they get it done. I run the laser grip zeroed at 25 yards. It worked like a charm today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hate those things Marshal! Rattle snakes I mean not LCPs. Ya know, I been in Alaska 13 years now but the Arizona boy in me still gets all spooky inside and lookin for snakes when walkin in tall grass or around rocky outcroppings that look snakey. Still kick all the rocks and everything else Iím about to pick up over too lookin for nasty stinging bugs that Alaska hasnít got any of ether though I did find one tiny lil centipede once here doing that.

That is a heck of a shot with an LCP, snaks are dang hard to hit when on the move but maybe thatís been because I was usually dancing and squealing like a little girl when Iíve done it. I near shot myself in the foot trying to kill a ticked off sidewinder with a 10/22 years ago, dang hard to hit what with all the yellin, dancein, and prayin that ten rounds would be enough!

Odd behavior for a diamondback too, thatís more sidewinder MO going on the fight like that. Diamondbacks usually want to hide and ambush ya if you get too close. I hear TV people like that Steve Erwin guy say things like rattlers are safe because they tell you where they are. I got ta call BS on that! I been inches from western diamondbacks many times just sittin there watching me all set to strike and not making a sound. He must have been about to shed and mad or something, were his eyes milky looking?

See how much I hate um, one little picture and Iím all worked up!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

This snake was a flipping Ninja, he never rattled a warning. He struck the instructor and hung up on his pants leg. When he dropped, coiled and readied himself I shot him in the head, the exit got his body too. The laser was illuminating just fine in the sun light. I was a bit surprised it worked so well in the sun.

I couldnít tell you how often Iíve heard they can only strike half their body length. BS on that! Or that they got to be coiled to strike just a couple inches. BS on that too! Me and another guy were gathering cattle in the Bradshaws north of Walker and happened onto a huge timber rattler almost six foot. He decides we need to gather him up for supper and young fool I was I thought that was a grand plan.

His snake killing method was to swing his lariat that had a quick disconnect aluminum hondo on it, swing it in a vertical loop to get the thing looking then move the ark so the hondo whacks it on top of the head. His method worked great as I witnessed many times in the past. This time he missed just a little and that snake, not coiled or nutin, launched himself like a dart aiming for Grantís hand. I guess it could see the heat there in the hand and decided that hand needed to die! Snake just missed but it had jumped a good ten feet! Out came the rifle after that and the rope trick was retired completely as too risky.

I got a call one hot summer Saturday morning in the 80s from my brother saying somebody had given him a little boat and he was coming to get me and we would try it out. So off we went to Lake Pleasant for some 115 degree row boating, what fun. Well we were out in the middle of the lake in an aluminum skillet trying to cool off when he says to me ďThat guy must have heat stroke.Ē I look to see a guy in a little boat just beating the tar out of the water with a paddle and cairring on a whole bunch. Soon he is beating the boat from one end to the other until he ran out of boat and jumped into the lake. We figured we better go see if we could help this crazy guy and started paddling over. Turns out, out in the middle of the lake, there was a huge diamondback swimming along and decided it wanted that boat worse than the guy did! I knew they could swim but this one was 600 yards from land and real cranky!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona