Thread: october 13th report

Default october 13th report

Got down to the spot and were the first ones there and 2 other groups showed up before shooting luckily we have alot of motion in our decoys and a heck of a caller to pull the ducks towards us and ended up getting 7 mallards a teal and a widgeon. highlight of the day was dropping a flock of four mallards (buddy got his first triple) and then having around 25 mallards cup straight into the decoys where we dropped three. oh ya and there was another duck biting cherry busted today!

I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Got down to the spot and were the first ones there and 2 other groups showed up before shooting luckily we have alot of motion in our decoys and a heck of a caller to pull the ducks towards us and ended up getting 7 mallards a teal and a widgeon. highlight of the day was dropping a flock of four mallards (buddy got his first triple) and then having around 25 mallards cup straight into the decoys where we dropped three. oh ya and there was another duck biting cherry busted today!

President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Very nice.

Got some nice fat northern mallards today also, they sure were responding to my bad calling well, and cupped wings all the way in. Of course there were also a few that ignored us. But good day, be ready to break ice. One of these must have slid 75 feet on the ice after he hit. Bud

PS: weather man is calling for 19 on thursday night, that will end it for most. Bud
    Wasilla

Good job.... sad day for me as I spent most of it putting up my duck stuff. Almost went out but decided that it was time. I leave in a few weeks and need to get some things done before I go. Work always messes things up..... if i were only independently wealthy. I wonder when duck season opens in Afghanistan.. and how much an out of state license cost...ha... oh well it had to end sometime... my dogs seem to know that something is up.. the little one is stuck to me like glue. I now live vicariously through all of you.

NDH..when you get back next year...look me up. I will help get you back in the swing of things. Good luck over there, and keep you head down and powder dry.

Quote Originally Posted by NDH View Post
    Good job.... sad day for me as I spent most of it putting up my duck stuff. Almost went out but decided that it was time. I leave in a few weeks and need to get some things done before I go. Work always messes things up..... if i were only independently wealthy. I wonder when duck season opens in Afghanistan.. and how much an out of state license cost...ha... oh well it had to end sometime... my dogs seem to know that something is up.. the little one is stuck to me like glue. I now live vicariously through all of you.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    NDH..when you get back next year...look me up. I will help get you back in the swing of things. Good luck over there, and keep you head down and powder dry.
    Will do .... the positive thing about this deployment is I will be back in time to hunt... caribou moose and DUCKS and I will miss the snow shoveling this winter.... sucks for the family but I guess you have to find some positive in everything... I would gladly stay here and shovel snow and be with family anytime though... thanks again and look forward to reading about the sea duck adventures on here.