Thread: Leica Customer Service

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

Default Leica Customer Service

There are some details that I choose to leave out of this posting, nonetheless the outcome is what counts and I want to give a thumbs up to Leica's customer service. Briefly, I had experienced a recurring problem with a pair of old Leica binoculars that I had. This particular pair had served me well over the years and I was quite fond of them. However, they had on occasion let me down and I found myself sending them in for service over the years all at my expense because they were way beyond the warranty period. I fixed them because they were good glass and I always hoped that it would be the last time they needed service. The last time I had problems with them I had had enough. After some communications, Leica sensed my frustrations and helped me deal with the situation in a fair manner that was a win-win situation for both the company and me. As someone who uses various optics in the field on a regular basis I'm a demanding customer. I take care of my equipment but expect that if I buy quality they just have to work regardless of the situation. So suffice it to say that I just had a very frustrating situation dealt with in a very professional manner by Leica which definitely will influence my buying decisions in the future. It's always nice when a company and its equipment that you put your trust in stands by their product.

My experience with Leica is also stellar.
    There are some complaints out there, but I've had great dealing with them, even with products long out of warranty.
    Proud to be an American!

Wow. Interesting. If you don't mind me asking, who did the two of you contact. I've had a pair of Leica 10 x 42 Binos for years and without a doubt I love them. But I have been frustrated with the fact that I can never get in touch with anybody for routine maintenance issues. I have a deep scratch on one of the objective lenses and I would like to get it taken care of but when I have gone to their website I can not find a help or support line because they are a foreign company. What gives? My wife tried to help me a couple years ago and she had the same issue.

Here is the thread I posted in 2011...Stellar service is an understatement.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...nd-maintenance

I dealt with the New Jersey service facility.

Address:
    Leica Camera Inc.
    1 Pearl Court, Unit A
    Allendale, NJ, 07401

Phone:
    800-222-0118

Fax:
    201-995-1686
    Proud to be an American!