Thread: Bison Hunt Partner Wanted (LAST MINUTE)!!!

Default Bison Hunt Partner Wanted (LAST MINUTE)!!!

I'm looking for a hunting partner to assist in a once in a lifetime hunt for a bison. I drew the one and only tag for the Upper Chitina Bison herd, near McCarthy. Looking for someone to go along and help with the costs of bush flights, help with the cleaning, and to share the meat 50/50. We can travel together in my vehicle from Fairbanks to McCarthy and from their it's a combination of 185, cub, and otter flights. Hunt should last only 2-4 days. You may also have the opportunity to take a brown bear if you want (Residents only).

I was scheduled to leave Fairbanks tomorrow morning (Sat 13th) but my newly met hunting partner (James Page) came up with BS excuse why he couldn't go, 9 hours before we were to leave. I am now looking to leave asap, possibly Sunday the 14th or Monday the 15th.

All you need to bring is a pack and personal food/supplies for a week. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, can leave on short notice, and have a little money buring a hole in your pocket, then text me asap.

Thanks

Shane
    936-776-1300 (note: not a 907 number)

Quote Originally Posted by swg6747 View Post
    I'm looking for a hunting partner to assist in a once in a lifetime hunt for a bison. I drew the one and only tag for the Upper Chitina Bison herd, near McCarthy. Looking for someone to go along and help with the costs of bush flights, help with the cleaning, and to share the meat 50/50. We can travel together in my vehicle from Fairbanks to McCarthy and from their it's a combination of 185, cub, and otter flights. Hunt should last only 2-4 days. You may also have the opportunity to take a brown bear if you want (Residents only).

I was scheduled to leave Fairbanks tomorrow morning (Sat 13th) but my newly met hunting partner (James Page) came up with BS excuse why he couldn't go, 9 hours before we were to leave. I am now looking to leave asap, possibly Sunday the 14th or Monday the 15th.

All you need to bring is a pack and personal food/supplies for a week. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, can leave on short notice, and have a little money buring a hole in your pocket, then text me asap.

Thanks

Shane
    936-776-1300 (note: not a 907 number)
    Dang... some friend

I gotta work... Killin me!!!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

JUst a thought but that short of a notice you might consider offering a better deal than sharing the cost of flight. A more exact expected cost might help as well.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

If I was only closer...c'mon guys

Quote Originally Posted by iusckeeper View Post
    Dang... some friend

No kidding!!!! I know 1 person on the "never call again" list. Hopefully you find a partner in time. If you give more details/cost est. you might get a taker!
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

If I wasn't in Washington I'd be all over this!! How much is the cost of flights?

Man, that sucks the big one! I wish I had someone to cover my shift this week, I would be all over this one. I really hope you find someone to go along with you, the thought of losing that tag is something terrible that I wouldnt wish on anyone. Good luck!!!

Half a delicious Buffalo is some quality food. What have been the success rates for previous tag holders? Isn't it starting to get wintertime up there? Good luck man.

185, Cub and Otter?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I wonder why this guy isn't posting again. Maybe he gave up on the hunt.

Maybe he left to go hunting.... it did say leaving this weekend or today.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson