Thread: Fox Tanning

Question Fox Tanning

I have a fox hide from last winter that I'd like to have tanned. This was my first fox, so I'm just not too sure where to take it to have that done. Can I just take it to my taxidermist? Or do I need to take it directly to a tannery? If so, who does a good job around here as far as that goes? Thank you guys, any advice is appreciated!
    Ryan from Wasilla

Couple options. Sportsman Warehouse sells a great DIY tanning kit. It's around $20 (will do a couple fox). Bushwack Jack has used this kit before and he did a great job on a beautiful cross fox last winter. Or my personal choice (I send all my taxi furs to them) Moyle Mink in Idaho. ATA National Tannery. One fox would be around $22 plus shipping, really cheap! And they do a great job! You don't need taxi quality it's twice as expensive, I don't remember what they call the other tanning option. I know several taxidermist that charge around $90 in AK and then just send it into Moyle. Do it yourself and cut the middle man.

Either of these options will require you needing a fox stretcher. 3 Bears on Palmer-Wasilla sells wire fox stretchers for around $6 and then you'll always have it.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll definitely look into those options. You wouldn't happen to be Mr. Bell, would you? If so, I'm Ryan Judd from 4th hour AP Environmental.
    Ryan from Wasilla

you can borrow stretcher anytime.

if it is stretched and dried you can send it to Moyles in Idaho. They are top notch. http://www.moytown.com/
    PC gag in place.