Thread: 34 minutes early

Default 34 minutes early

Hey friend,

Yes you, the guy who hunted off of Rabbit Slough today. Do you know that legal shooting time is ONE HALF HOUR before sunrise. Shooting time was 8:01 this morning.

You fired your first shot 34 minutes before shooting time.

Then you did a bit of shooting for the next half hour.

Hopefully the next time this happens there will be a nice gentleman from the Federal Government who can help you read the regs and help you set your watch.

You are not doing yourself, your fellow hunters, or the ducks any good. I would imagine that you lost a few because it was too dark to find them, especially any cripples.

not cool at all. probably some newbi that was ignorant to the shooting time are regs...or just didn't care. regardless, shouldn't be hunting if they don't know the rules...ducks or anything else.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It was so foggy where I was this morning you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you till almost 0900!

Hopefully they get busted, I can't stand when people do this!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Yeah, that was pretty early. I'd be surprised if they didn't loose birds. Muzzle flash was probably an issue. Shouldn't be an issue for duck hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by jake windemere View Post
    Hey friend,

Yes you, the guy who hunted off of Rabbit Slough today. Do you know that legal shooting time is ONE HALF HOUR before sunrise. Shooting time was 8:01 this morning.

You fired your first shot 34 minutes before shooting time.

Then you did a bit of shooting for the next half hour.

Hopefully the next time this happens there will be a nice gentleman from the Federal Government who can help you read the regs and help you set your watch.

You are not doing yourself, your fellow hunters, or the ducks any good. I would imagine that you lost a few because it was too dark to find them, especially any cripples.
    Opening day 2001, Duck Lake. It was a good 30 minutes before shooting time. At least 50 different hunting parties out there. Way too crowded. Some activity on the Knik side lifted a LOT of sandhills and they came flying over about 20 yards high. Me and my buddy are just waiting to hear a shot. There's always at least one guy who will shoot. Well WAY MORE than one guy shot. It was like Baghdad out there. You could see muzzle flashes everywhere and the silhouettes of falling cranes. Made me sick. On the creek coming out I saw one of them posing for a picture with his crane. Friggin' jackass!

Shame on them all!

JM

Use that 800 number on the back of your license! This is what it's there for.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

somebody was shooting this am aprox 20 minutes early on (or near) DL. Bud
    Wasilla