Thread: Public launches

Default Public launches

Where are there some public places to launch along the Su (or any of the tributaries), besides Deshka Landing and Talkeetna?

Any places you can launch from a gravel bar (hopefully without getting the truck buried)?

Does the little Su only have the one launch down KGB road?

How 'bout the Knik; is that launch right off the Glenn?

I've done some time on the interior rivers, but this is my first year boating in "The Valley". I've fished a lot of the Parks Hiway streams, but not from a boat.

I launch my airboats at the Big Su bridge , You can go up to birch creek but you'll get alot of things thrown at you ,Because folks get mad when boats pull in there ,The next place to fish up river from the bridge is Clear creek or go down stream to Montana creek ,There is also Susitna landing boat launch about mile 80
    Last edited by Roger; 04-25-2007 at 00:33.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I launch my airboats at the Big Su bridge , You can go up to birch creek but you'll get alot of things thrown at you ,Because folks get mad when boats pull in there ,The next place to fish up river from the bridge is Clear creek or go down stream to Montana creek ,There is also Susitna landing boat launch about mile 80
    They throw things at you?

I wish the state would finish the launch at Willow Creak rec area. It would be cheaper than Deshka Landing

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

hmmm I fish birch creek almost every weekend, and the only thing I have had throw'n at me was nasty looks except for one guy tried to up a pixie in my boat on the way by. I try not to come in there on step and stop below the mouth and see if any one has a fish on, and that way the people know Im coming in.