Thread: Pasagshak Rose Tead silvers

Gresham, Oregon

Thumbs up Pasagshak Rose Tead silvers

I'll be fishing Kodiak September 4-11, 2007. We'll be fishing the freshwater September 4, 8, 9, 10 and the salt with Dave Olsen for halibut, silvers and kings on the 5th, 6th and 7th. Where are the best spots to fish the Pasagshak at low tide? Incoming tide? Outgoing tide? Is lake Rose Tead a good bet for fishing from shore in chest high waders? Do you usually fish near the outlet of the lake? Is the Pasagshak a good bet for cured eggs under a bobber, spin and glows with weights and eggs? Top lures, colors and sizes? Thanks!

Sarasota, Florida

Default Rose Tead

She was a USO performer in WWII and the lake is named after her.

I have seen good silver catches at the end of the Pasagshack as it winds its way to the lake opening. That area is either walked or driven into, but beware of soft ground. I tried to reach it but chickened out for fear of getting stuck. I sure did notice some prizes being hauled out, though. Hit this area first light in the am.

The mouth of the Pasagshack can be a very hot zone as they come spilling in with the tide. Later, they will settle in some of the river's pools as they meander around before moving into the lake. You can nail them there, but they will be a little more wary due to the bombardment of anglers.

I always use Kodiak Custom spinners with decent results. I enjoy Pasagshack, but don't spend a lot of time there due to the ease of reaching silvers in other areas not so far out on the road system.

Default Good Choice

You made a good choice of charter captains, daves one of the best in Kodiak. Give me a call and I can fill you in on all the spots in Kodiak, been fishing here for over 12 years.

Shawn Gornall