Thread: Guide Service Assessment

Default Guide Service Assessment

Anyone seeking an honest assessment of Revelation Mountain Outfitters service drop me a line. I am a veteran wildlife biologist of 31 years and land manager who also has 21 years as a professional guide. I recently returned from a moose/brown bear hunting experience and would be happy to provide an honest professional assessment.

A few minuets on the internet told me all I need to know.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Certainly fighting an uphill battle if you are promoting this outfitter.
    "Shoot straight and keep your powder dry"

Ouch! I am feeling ill with the direction of this thread!

Sending this out to all of you who are in the planning phase of your 2013 hunt. Before you plop down that deposit take the time to google the outfitter, or other hunting service on this forum and you will know quickly what you may be in for. When I make my first pitch to a new client I tell them to check me out on the Forum and they can see what other clients have said about our service over the years. It is important to understand that when you work with clients over the course of years not all of the feed back will be 100% favorable, but you will see trends. If we/they are doing a good job that will be reflected in the feedback

IN this age you cannot hide poor service.

Good luck
    Walt
    www.northwestalaska.net

Well I cannot find it right now so if anyone knows the link maybe they can post it. But there are free websites that publish hunt reports for all the various outfitters. What is interesting, is there are some well known guides that no one ever complains about. Then there are some guides clients frequently complain about. So if a guide you are considering using has more than an isolated complaint you are probably getting what you asked for if you book anyway...
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

FWIW,

Many moons ago I used an outfitter for a caribou hunt. I was told a 2 caribou unit and success was 'basically' (verbally) guaranteed. Somehow-my fault-I did not realize there was an additional flight/with more $$ expected. The final flight in the cub was about 1000 yards so I felt a little cheated. When I was dropped off I was told the caribou had moved to this area but only one animal could be harvested-1 tag wasted. 7 days later 1 left after having seen only 1 nice bull early on day one. The outfitter would have moved me but wanted more $$. Bottom line is, I spent $1,000 I did not expect, got 2 fewer caribou than I wanted and so, I wrote some scathing reviews.
    The outfitter-to his credit-approached me privately and offered another hunt at a severely reduced rate to win back my trust. I accepted his offer and again harvested no caribou. I was much happier the second time around. What changed? My expectations! I knew much more about Alaska hunting the second trip and did not hit the ground with my head in the clouds. My point is this: Although I had hunted many years, although I had used his service, I was wrong in my initial evaluation of the outfitter. I think we should all be required to sit out a season before posting a negative evaluation. It sounds like the OP has years of experience and could offer a concise/accurate evaluation. I appreciate that he chooses to do it privately-what more would a first timer need to know?

http://www.huntinfo.com

great link that covers guides, etc all over alaska and lower 48.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I am always leary about what I read on the internet...its usually way to one sided... If I were to look for a guide I would ask for a list of previous clients especially unsuccessful ones and ask them about their hunt(successful ones are most always happy)