Thread: Thinking of upgrading from Garmin 60csx to 62s any opinions??

Default Thinking of upgrading from Garmin 60csx to 62s any opinions??

Iv had my 60csx for about a year and Im really happy with it. I read on a site that Garmin will not have any updates for the 60csx.
    And im thinking of upgrading to a 62s but im still doing research, anyone have a Garmin 62??

Got em both because I thought I lost my 60CSX. Honestly owning both I would spend my money on something else. The 62 is a little smaller and maybe a little faster acquiring a fix but doesn't do anything that will help me more in the field.

would you say one screen resolution is better then another?

All I do is look at topo images on the screen and I have never felt I was missing anything on either system in that regard. Couldn't tell you if there was any resolution difference. I think the 62 is a tiny bit bigger. I just don't see the 62 doing anything that would justify the expense over the 60. I can't imagine any "update" that would ever be needed to get around up here. If I wanted more screen or resolution then the Oregon would be the way to go. If I was looking for an upgrade for my 60 I would just add the huntinggpsmaps card to it from Sportsmans.

After owning the 60 for 5 years and the 62 for 2 season I can definitely say there has never been one single situation that the 62 has performed in a way that the 60 could not have done just as well. That includes finding tiny trails cut through the alders to get back down from above tree line and following a track back down the river via boat.

Thanks, I think im just going to stick with the 60. Im extreamly happy with it and i think thats whats important. I was looking at the oregon also.
    Where is it I can get the hunting maps??

Sportsmans warehouse had the chip last I was in there. It adds property info to help you know who's land you are on (fed, private, state, etc). Also shows gmu's. It isn't perfect but is the best I have found and I think justifies the cost.

I actually found this site and i downloaded some maps