Thread: Wildalaska - whats up with your big loops?

Default Wildalaska - whats up with your big loops?

I picked up a used 1895G with your big loop lever a few of weeks ago.

There is no spring pin that usually holds the lever closed, and the body of the lever rubs on both sides of the receiver inlet.

My question is: is this one a screw up, or are they designed to use the friction of the lever against the receiver to hold it in place instead of the pin? It sure makes it a hell of a lot less smooth on the close up that way, I ended up putting the stock loop that the guy included in the sale back on - but I would definitely prefer to use the big loop if the lock up was acceptable.

Pretty sure they have a phone in their shop.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Pretty sure they have a phone in their shop.
    heard it ring once or twice when in the shop...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    heard it ring once or twice when in the shop...
    Me too!!!!!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Great advise to a guy reaching out for help. Who needs a forum when there is a phone...

Default Re: Wildalaska - whats up with your big loops?

In my experience with them.....well, he has a 50/50 chance either route.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Great advise to a guy reaching out for help. Who needs a forum when there is a phone...
    I get we're your coming from. Totally respect that, but with 15-20 business owners who also frequent this site, should AOD be the first line of communication to a business owner?

If the zipper on my Wiggys bag fails, should I drop a thread here and call
    Marc out sayin his bag sucked?

If my bow suddens falls out of tune should I call out "X" archer who helped me out?

No, Id pick up the phone and conduct it in a more legit way. More of a courtesy thing. If he's reaching out for help, start with the person whom he just dropped several hundred dollars with.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I'm not Wildalaska, but I do know what's going on and I can help. First off, Yes the lever should have the spring and plunger to hold it in place, you use the one out of the factory lever or we can supply one for a small fee. Secondly, No the lever should not be rubbing on the sides of the lower tang, due to manufacturing tolerances on both ends,(but mostly Marlin's end) sometimes the lower tang needs to be opened slightly with a file. This generally only involves removing a few burrs and isn't major surgery. What I surmise happened is that someone bought a lever, with the intent to fit it themselves, and left out the "Fitting required" part that is printed on the front of the package. Bring it in and I will personally fit it for you, while you wait, just ask for Bryan.

You're class act Kid!
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm not Wildalaska, but I do know what's going on and I can help. First off, Yes the lever should have the spring and plunger to hold it in place, you use the one out of the factory lever or we can supply one for a small fee. Secondly, No the lever should not be rubbing on the sides of the lower tang, due to manufacturing tolerances on both ends,(but mostly Marlin's end) sometimes the lower tang needs to be opened slightly with a file. This generally only involves removing a few burrs and isn't major surgery. What I surmise happened is that someone bought a lever, with the intent to fit it themselves, and left out the "Fitting required" part that is printed on the front of the package. Bring it in and I will personally fit it for you, while you wait, just ask for Bryan.
    About as good as it gets!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Kid:

Not the first time I have seen you step up when not having to! Nicely done! Others should take your lead. It is service like that which will keep local businesses going when times are tough.
    BEE

"WHY" can't we have gun guys like this down here in Oregon ?? (Well, besides JES and Noveske)

Hey guys... A forum is meant for sharing information openly. Now we all know. Can't any question on this site be answered with a phone call to an expert or a look at a fishing report?

Thanks for the answer Bryan. I'm on the slope for the next few weeks at least but if I'm through anchorage with it I'll look you up. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by back country View Post
    "WHY" can't we have gun guys like this down here in Oregon ?? (Well, besides JES and Noveske)
    Well at least you have JES and Noveske! In Iowa we have zip for good smiths. I've used JES for rebores 8 times and am 100% satisfied. I have used the Kid and his work was perfect. It's trusting UPS, USPS and the rest to get my guns to them and back that makes me nervous.