Thread: Lion's Head

Default Lion's Head

Has anyone ran Lions head since the flood? I think we are going to make a few runs down on Sunday with the raft and packrafts and I would love to know if there is any shrubbery I should watch out for.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining .....

-JR

I would be up for floating it with my packraft.

I see the gauge is showing about 2'. Lion's Head is pretty boney at that level. Should be fun in a packraft or other small boat. I did it once in an IK just a little lower than this and the cataraft traveling with us was hanging up everywhere. But they were still having a lot of fun.

I ran Lions Head on Sept. 30 with my 12 foot Aire and my buddy had a 16 foot raft. The Caribou Creek had a little boat dragging but it wasn't bad. If you are in Pack rafts you will be fine. The MAGA2 gage was @ 1.9 and I rated the float a class 3+. The holes were small and the wave trains were fun and safe. Sean
    P.S. Thanks for the fuel on the Tazlina -

Quote Originally Posted by Akseanlife View Post
    I ran Lions Head on Sept. 30 with my 12 foot Aire and my buddy had a 16 foot raft. The Caribou Creek had a little boat dragging but it wasn't bad. If you are in Pack rafts you will be fine. The MAGA2 gage was @ 1.9 and I rated the float a class 3+. The holes were small and the wave trains were fun and safe. Sean
    P.S. Thanks for the fuel on the Tazlina -
    Sean,
    I actually passed you guys on my way back from tok that day. We were "flying low."
    Not a problem.
    -JR

Thanks for the intel we will probably hold of on taking the big raft and just run the packrafts.

Way low compared to this years highest water stage. Ran it at 6.9 feet in June and a whole different story with huge wave trains, boat swallowing holes, and barely an eddy to catch your breath. But WOW what is AMAZING. Easily class IV+ pushing class V.