Thread: One last trip this season

Default One last trip this season

I'd like to hit the upper Kenai one last time this season before everything slows down. Does anyone know how the fishing is right now? And if so, is the bead bite still going or has it shifted to flesh? Any help/advice would be great, thanks in advance!

I went Monday and it was a little of both. Washed out flesh and 8mil light tangerine beads were the ones catching a few fish for me. I actually caught a nice silver on a 6mil dark red. Overall, the fishing was decent - but not as good as I thought it would be. The water is still high, but still worth getting out and giving it a try.

Fishing was pretty decent for my wife and I on Tuesday. 6mm beads worked best for me, more creamy colored beads worked better. Also dolly llamas nailed a good number of dollies and a couple silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Fishing was pretty decent for my wife and I on Tuesday. 6mm beads worked best for me, more creamy colored beads worked better. Also dolly llamas nailed a good number of dollies and a couple silvers.
    Were you able to see many eggs (real) going downstream while you ere fishing? You mentioned "Creamy" colored. Would you say they were creamy orange or creamy pink? I would think they would actually be starting to take more of a dead (brownish) egg color these days? Did you try any flesh patterens?
    Thanks In Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    Were you able to see many eggs (real) going downstream while you ere fishing? You mentioned "Creamy" colored. Would you say they were creamy orange or creamy pink? I would think they would actually be starting to take more of a dead (brownish) egg color these days? Did you try any flesh patterens?
    Thanks In Advance
    I found one egg while fishing and it was creamy orange. I had been using a strawberries and cream colored bead and it was catching fish but the egg I found was definitely orange in comparison. Did not try any flesh.