Thread: Alaska Chapter FNAWS

Default Alaska Chapter FNAWS

Decided to renew my FNAWS membership with the Alaska Chapter last April after a 5 year hiatus. I did so at the Fairbanks Outdoor Show...gave my greenbacks to the (current?) chapter president who was seated next to Wayne Heimer. Since it has been six months and I haven't received anything in the mail I suppose I didn't make the cut? Joking aside, anyone know how to contact the current president?

Their web site is here: http://www.wildsheepalaska.org/index.html such as it is. What prompted you to join?

The website has not been updated in 5 years.

Familyman, I suppose it should be easier to create change in an org by actually being IN the org... WSF/FNAWS has been a shambles for a while now and it sure would be nice if it returned to former glory. With all the dedicated sheep folks here you would think it would be much stronger. Everyone I know who has tried to get involved has had zero luck breaking through.

I recall. Hoping the org or the individual I gave my money to is better than this and didn't just pocket my money as well as anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Urban View Post
    The website has not been updated in 5 years.
    I was confused about that as well. It would be nice to one day have a more functional organization dedicated to protecting these sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Familyman, I suppose it should be easier to create change in an org by actually being IN the org... WSF/FNAWS has been a shambles for a while now and it sure would be nice if it returned to former glory. With all the dedicated sheep folks here you would think it would be much stronger. Everyone I know who has tried to get involved has had zero luck breaking through.
    That sure seems like a good reason LuJon. Jimmy, was that your reason too?

It's my understanding that this org was a bit tainted by an officer whose background was the subject of great contention to most, and that he is no longer an officer. Maybe now the organization can accomplish some good deeds?