Thread: Boat appraiser in eagle river area?

Default Boat appraiser in eagle river area?

Looking to get my 2003 wooly appraised, any recommendations? I live in chugiak, looking for some one local, but I could easily drag it to the valley or anchorage.
    Thanks for the help!

I used Mike Madar (250-5727). I think he charged me $200 for the appraisal when we refinanced this spring. Stand up guy and he will come to your house.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

+1 on Mike, really good guy to work with.

Thanks for posting that Pete! I am getting ready to refinance and was going to go with Ben at Silver Streak, not anymore.

If anyone is looking to refinance take a close look at Credit Union 1, 3.0 percent interest rates for boats and just about anything else motorized. I switched my truck, atv, and soon my boat over to them. Kicking myself for not looking around years ago.

used ben at silver streak for a survey this summer on my wooldridge. and it makes sense because he is the wooldridge warr. shop! turned out great and same day!

Default Boat appraiser in eagle river area?

Thanks. I'll report back here when done!

Ditto on Mike, used his services this summer when selling one of my boats. Easy to work with and shows up on time. Called Ben at Silverstreak first and waited three days for a return call, which never came.
    I'll use Mike again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Thanks for posting that Pete! I am getting ready to refinance and was going to go with Ben at Silver Streak, not anymore.

If anyone is looking to refinance take a close look at Credit Union 1, 3.0 percent interest rates for boats and just about anything else motorized. I switched my truck, atv, and soon my boat over to them. Kicking myself for not looking around years ago.
    Don't know about the rest of the loans at CU1 but the boat deal is 3% for 7 years max... I wanted to go a little longer at it looks like 5% is what they do for anything over 7 years. I might just go for it and get mine paid off sooner.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Talking

Thanks for the information, I just got approved and closing the refinancing for the 3% at CU1, my currently banks rate for my boat is 7.55% so getting a 4.55% reduction is a really great deal. I even asked the loan department to match the rate to so they could keep the loan but; the lowest they would go was 4.60% so I told them CU1's giving a better rate and they said, how are they making any money. We'll lets see they print it out of thin air and charge interest,,,,,hummm,,,go figure.

Thanks again Broncoformudv

We actually had enough points built up with CU 1 to buy the loan down to 2%. Pretty sweet deal.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Glad the Credit Union 1 tip is working for some of you. Now I need to get some home chores taken care of so I can get my boat appraised and get a loan with Credit Union 1 myself!