Thread: Looking For Modular/Pre-built Cabin Retailers

Default Looking For Modular/Pre-built Cabin Retailers

Looking for a well made pre-built or modular cabin/cottage that is built in AK and can handle Fairbanks winters. The land I am looking at has easy road access for cabin delivery. I am down in the states and don't have time to build. Anyone seen any in Anchorage or Fairbanks? Looking at a slightly larger 1 bedroom with large loft in the 800 - 900sq ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfreak View Post
    Looking for a well made pre-built or modular cabin/cottage that is built in AK and can handle Fairbanks winters. The land I am looking at has easy road access for cabin delivery. I am down in the states and don't have time to build. Anyone seen any in Anchorage or Fairbanks? Looking at a slightly larger 1 bedroom with large loft in the 800 - 900sq ft.
    I don't know about retail, but there's a manufacturer right across the inlet from Anchorage; its at Point MacKenzie (that is on the asphalt road system as of a couple years ago). Don't know the name but I know someone here does.

You would do much better to find something in Fairbanks . The cost of moving a two story from Anch would be a large chunk of your cabin cost. Good Luck

That outfit at Pt. Mak was closed last time I was out there. I don't know everything about the building industry in Alaska, but I've supplied building materials for 30 years now through our business. I am not aware of a single pre-fab outfit that has what you want. I do know that plenty of contractors could knock out what you are looking for in a couple weeks.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That outfit at Pt. Mak was closed last time I was out there.
    Really? I haven't been out there since they paved the road. Its kinda too depressing to see that long expanse of asphalt - some might call it a road to nowhere... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Really? I haven't been out there since they paved the road. Its kinda too depressing to see that long expanse of asphalt - some might call it a road to nowhere... ;-)
    How could you call the road to the pre-built modular cabin manufacturer a "road to nowhere"? For shame.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfreak View Post
    Looking at a slightly larger 1 bedroom with large loft in the 800 - 900sq ft.
    Here in Fairbanks we call that a "house".

Sorry, (well, not really sorry), but Fairbanks hasn't grown to the point yet where anybody is cranking out modular pre-built housing units, cabins or otherwise.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

WCLH.com, Panelized log homes/cabins. Let me know if you are interested.

WHAT is a bedroom.........you mean you don't sleep in the kitchen. Bedrooms are wasted space in a cabin.

AGL,
    A bedroom in the cabin keeps your kids bedroom and adult time in the parents bedroom private.
    Not a wasted space unless your an hermit or something.
    BK

Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.