Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitka gear

Default Sitka gear

Is the sitka gear worth it? It seems like it is quality gear but do you really get the most "bang for your buck"

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Sitka gear

Nope! Overpriced

Default Sitka gear

I hunt with 2 people that have it. Both love it. Plus it has lifetime warranty. With that said its still 2 rich for my blood

KUIU is better gear for less money, as they only sell directly to the consumer. It was started by the guy who founded Sitka, but is focused solely on ultralight mountain hunting.

Default Sitka gear

For what it's worth. I run a mixed bag of all sorts of brands. Each one thing does what I want, I could've bought everything from 1 place- but it wasn't what I wanted, over priced or didn't fit.

ArcTeryx pants/jacket
    Patagonia nano puff pullover
    3rd season Sitka pants/jacket/vest
    Mt hard wear puffy pants
    Kuiu Chugach rain gear
    Under Armour 2.0 tops/bottoms

Never once paid full price on any of it. you just gotta mess around and find what works for you.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Sitka gear

The Sitka that I have I love, that said my favorite hunting pants are by far the Kuiu attack pants. I did get a nice hole when I fell on my arse caring a bear down a mountain, but I would still choose them over any other brand.

Overpriced junk. Save your money. Just because "the pros" wear it doesn't mean ****.

I've done plenty of "Banging" on plenty of "bucks" in my Sitka Gear. I only use the rain shell though. Everything else is MH, Patagonia,Kuiu, and OR. I also don't subscribe to a single gear provider. Price, fit, and performance for each element of my clothing system matter. I live in one set of clothes for a whole week. They better be comfy and durable.
    Sitka is way too pricy. I'd never pay full retail for any of their pieces.

Kuiu makes better gear for a similar or lower price. Core4Element is another good one.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

It's very loud as well

I know that all my buddies that have Sitka love it. They say its good quality, but It doesn't matter if you have the cheaper Cabelas jacket or the twice as expensive under armour jacket. Rain proof is rain proof. Just because Lee and Tiffany wear under armour does not make it better than scent lok or any other brand. That being said everyone is bias to their gear. I have always bought wal mart or Cabelas brand because it was cheaper and I wasn't exactly rich growin up. Scent lok has always been my favorite scent control though if I had to pick one.

My opinion is it is good gear but probably not worth the price.

I have a ton of it and like it.

I have started to acquire quite a bit of Kuiu gear and like that slightly better but Kuiu isn't exactly cheap either.

You pay a lot of both of their names but I think they both make excellent gear.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i have a bunch, got lucky when they discontinued the moth wing pattern and got it all at 50% or less, its been holding up for the last few year with out any issues on my end... i will replace it when it worn out, and will be deal shoping then also...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Sitka gear

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i have a bunch, got lucky when they discontinued the moth wing pattern and got it all at 50% or less, its been holding up for the last few year with out any issues on my end... i will replace it when it worn out, and will be deal shoping then also...
    Those 50% off sales seem to be a thing of the past. I've yet to see one with latest patterns.

Check out camofire dot com. They run rotating daily sales and are associated with core4element. So, you can get C4E stuff at steep discounts and their stuff is pretty good. I don't have a lot of in the bush experience but comparing to what I see of Sitka and Kryptek at Cabela's, the C4E stuff looks to be fairly comparable. Also, camofire does run other stuff too and they have Sitka on there from time to time if that is what you want.

I do alot of bowhunting so I use wool, bought browning and columbia wool pants and shirts off amazon got tops and bottoms for $90, in town the pants alone were $140, Plus they blend real well, only draw back is when they get wet they take a little longer to dry but I hunted for bou in the rain and was very warm and comforable all day.

Garbage gear, look elsewhere. 3 hunts and has ripped twice. Customer service is brutal as well. My .02

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Those 50% off sales seem to be a thing of the past. I've yet to see one with latest patterns.
    agreed.. they discontinued that pattern and it was taken over by another company, so they had to get rid of it all...

its durable gear, i use it as my dedicated mud and woods gear to save wear and tear on the clothes the missus buys me.. she doesnt have to take care of any of it, or deal with it... if its camo... thats dads crap he'll deal with it..

its held up very well, better then most the carharts i have worn to camp... and ripped open.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Sitka gear

Yep my 3yo Sitka mothwing garb is still mint, minus a few tiny pinholes from campfire. Love the overalls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast