Thread: Ruger 10-22 take down

Default Ruger 10-22 take down

I recently purchase a Ruger 10-22 take down rifle. My first 10-22. I put a 4x Leupold Rim Fire scope on it and I like the concept and the gun. Some thing will have to be done with the trigger as it is not the best for off hand shooting at small critters. i am looking for a 2 to 3 lb. crisp breaking trigger. If any one has replaced the trigger on their 10-22 I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. It is not a bench rest gun, but shoots well out to 25 yards, which is about as far as I will be using it.

338 mag, If you are sort of mechanically inclined there are a bunch of you tube videos that show how to make the trigger on a 10-22 better. There are also many other "tune up" type videos for the 10-22. Good luck if you decide to try your hand at any modifications.

Did you get the blue stock or the black stock, I got the blue stock, I have a lot of the 10/22's and have put the volquartzen trigger group in a lot of them, It changes the trigger to very light and little overtravel, very easy to put in. just be sure your remember how it came apart and you get all the little pins back in place. Brownell's has the trigger groups you can buy from them. I do not like to be filing on any of the trigger parts, you can go to far very easily and mess up the factory trigger. Don't ask me how I know. Good Luck.

+1 Valquartzen!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.