Thread: Anyone been to fox river lately

Default Anyone been to fox river lately

I was curious if anyone has hunted fox river at the head of k-bay lately. I am heading there in the morning, the spot I have been hunting has dried up and am now looking to change areas. Never been to fox river so this should be a fun learning experience. I have herd good things from there in the past.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not a duck hunter, but I'm very familiar with the area. I would be most worried about Fox Creek water level right now... Not the big Fox river, but the creek you have to cross by Frank Martushev's house.

I'd do a quick recon before committing to a hunt.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: Anyone been to fox river lately

We plan to take a boat from the spit and use a small zodiac to get to shore. Will the creek still have e a problem?

Nevermind if you're taking a boat, I was thinking wheeler... I've never seen anyone run a boat up there, due to the extremely shallow water, but that doesn't mean it's not doable. I think finding the river channel at the right tide will be pretty tricky. Perhaps someone who's run a boat that far east will chime in.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: Anyone been to fox river lately

If anyone is willing to throw out pointers I am all ears

Never run a boat out there but i've flown over it in a helocopter a lot, never landed so my view is possibly skewed.

The river deltas appear very shallow and braided. If your running something small you might be able to putt into channel at high tide, at low tide you may be able to navigate the braids slowly. Either way it seems if its something small and you go slow you'll be able to get out and push off or just drag your skeg.

I beleive there is a point which you enter a non-motorized area if your going very far up river, might check on that.