Thread: atv trails?

Default atv trails?

So i just picked up a rhino. And im looking for local trails near wasilla. I am willing to travel about an hour. any one have any ideas?

If you can find this book has some pretty good info, also just do a search on the atv forum

http://www.alaskawildernesstrails.com/

The Alaska ATV Club's website has a good breakdown on trails- where the trailheads are located, info on the trails themselves, and even maps and photos.

Good starting points for you are going to be Jim Creek/KRPUA and Jonesville Mine area and Kings River. Those are all close by.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Look at the STICKY post right above this:: Sticky: Trail Location InformationStarted by alaskarider, 11-30-2008
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

thanks guys, checking it out now. now if it would just stop raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default atv trails?

Throw a half windshield or something on that rhino and ride dry and comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    thanks guys, checking it out now. now if it would just stop raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some of my best rides have been in the rain. Wear full rain gear (100% waterproof, not waterproof/breathable) and just bomb thru the mud and puddles. Some places I'd avoid such as the Eska falls trails because of the major mudholes, but we did Kings River a week ago and it was fine despite all the rain. The mudholes were actually in fantastic shape.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

ATVfrontier has a pretty comprehensive listing of trails - http://www.thefrontierforums.com/atv...viewforum&f=15
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....