Thread: Atv/orv stream crossing workshop

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Atv/orv stream crossing workshop

Wasilla Soil and Water Conservation District (WSWCD)
    1700 E. Bogard Rd, Bldg A, Suite 203 Wasilla, AK 99654(907) 357-4563 X 103 Fax (907) 357-4564
    distmgr@wasillaswcd.org Chuck Kaucic, District Manager
    FIRST CALL!!!!
    ATV/ORV STREAM CROSSING WORKSHOP
    WHO:ATV/ORV trail riders, clubs; outdoorrecreation users, public/non-profit agencies; dealers/suppliers, students;& streambank & restoration volunteers.
    WHAT: Workshop toexchange information & gainknowledge concerning: motorized trail stream crossings & habitat protection; low water crossing designs; mapping favorite trails; ATV safety; crossingpermits; salmon rearing areas; restoration examples; Swiftwater Creek Trailproject; & a panel presentation.

• Rider input is necessary & valued to ensure continued access & planning for stream crossings. Participant input is the reason for the Workshop!

WHERE: Mat-Su College, Snodgrass Hall, off the new Trunk Rd,Palmer
    WHEN: Sat. November 10, 2012; 9:30 am 4 pm.
    PROGRAM: 5 station open format; 1) Mapping; 2) ATV Safety; 3) Salmonstream characteristics; 4) Stream crossing sensitive habitats; 5) SwiftwaterCreek ATV/ORV Stream Crossing project; & a Panel Discussion - consistingof: riders, public land managers, hydrologist, regulators, & resourceprofessionals @ 3-4 pm.
    COST: Workshop isFree; on-your-own lunch isavailable @ the College cafeteria
    CONTACT: Brad Dunker, ADF&G, 267-2541, bradley.dunker@alaska.gov;
    Chuck Kaucic, Wasilla Soil & Water Conservation District,
    357-4563 X 103, distmgr@wasillaswcd.org

COOPERATORS:Trail riders, ADF&G, US Fish &Wildlife Service, WSWCD
    CONSERVATIONDEVELOPMENTSELF-GOVERNMENT
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Vince, I'm going to try my best to go. Since they revoked my stream crossing permits because I would not build a million dollar bridge with my own money. Would like to hear what they have to say
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I'd be interested in a stream crossing workshop that would be held in the field (at a time of relatively high water). But I doubt anyone would conduct one of those, due to danger and liability concerns.

Also one on ATVs and hills.

Either kind, I'd show up with multiple kids and ATVs.