Thread: Fall on the river

Default Fall on the river

Returned last night from a quick and successful Moose.
    Went out with my buddy (originally from Kenny lake) and his eldest. It was pretty fun to have him along to participate on a hunt.
    Too bad we only were out one night, as the weather has been fantatstic, albeit a bit warm.
    Ended up coming home with over 60 USG left over fuel.
    Had the Moose down at 11AM, in the boat by 3, ready to go by 3:30, back at the campground at 6, hung by 9, home by 10.
    To save time, we took the whole neck, spine and pelvis, bones and all, and will trim it al tomorrow. The 20' Sport handled all the weight no problem. It was an incredible afternoon on the river, warm, sunny, clear water splashing about. Let the young fella drive for a while which made his day.

Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Congrats Looks like a wonderful trip, nice moose to boot. Enjoy the steaks this winter

Looks like beautiful country and successful trip - congrats!

Sponsor

Yukoner,

Nice pics and congratulations on the bull!! perfect day!

Grant

Very nice.......good pics....
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Yukoner,

Nice pictures! I really liked the sunset pictures, but the one with the kid and the large moose is priceless. When kids are involved I think it is so good. Last year Grant at first dawn shot his deer with his 12 year old cousin Aaron sitting next to him watching through his binoculars (398 yards)

We just got some nice pictures from a customer with a big Bull Elk he took on a hunt with his 9-year-old son. If you send me your pictures I will post them on my site under Out-and-About.

Thanks

Glen

And, on the subject kids, I’ve got to share this picture of my 2 ˝ year old grand daughter Avey practicing for her first trail ride. She needs to grow a bit before she bags her first buck, but she’s my go-getter.