Thread: Thanks guys, Elk

Default Thanks guys, Elk

I've been getting lots of great feedback on my recent Elk hunt/photo I posted. Thanks everyone! I promise to write up the hunt and share some sweet pics when the clean up and meat processing is done.

awsome pic i had to go find it on the hunt phots. great looking bull. in my opinion elk hunting is as good as it gets. hands down over moose, sheep, or bears any day. congratulations, did you call em in or just spot and stalk??

Thanks for the invite! This was the hardest work of any hunt I've been on, but also probably the funnest and most satisfying as well. Had an absolute blast and look forward to Elk steaks for dinner!

Great job guys. Beautiful animal.

How did you get one in a easier clear area. Been watching a cow with three year bull cafe here sense he was on shaky legs and just can't pull the trigger. Congrats I know you worked for it and sorry I didn't get a chance to at least say hi.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Ya it would have been awesome to have a coffee with ya at the double D Sat morning. I'm downloading a heap of photos this morning and surfin AOD and grilling Cooking Elk meat for Breakfast. I'll get that story out soon.

Nice ......

Good to see ya out again Johnnie! I was hoping I'd get a "nice" from ya. There is alot behind those four letters comming from a crafty old SE Guide like you.

Default Photo insert test

This is the first time I've used photobucket so I'm just running this as a test image before I start a real hunt thread.

I see it! Nice Elk!
    "Grin and Bear It"

I'm assuming you're getting that beauty mounted, right? If so, (heck, even if not...) you should consider getting a large canvas print of that picture to hang next to the mount/antlers. We did that with my wife's caribou and it really adds to the display. With such a spectacular setting for that beautiful bull, it would make a striking print.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Is a great Photo!... congrats for sure, know you been working toward that one a long time!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yes Vince, I had five unsucessful Elk trips prior to this one. Three Archery and two Modern Firearm trips. I've got a huge chunk of time and $$$ tied up in Elk hunting over the years. Brian, I've caped it and will have a shoulder mount done of this animal. I'm shipping it out tomorrow. The mane on this elk is fantastic. I'm still waiting for all the photos to download to photobucket. It's taken hours for some reason. Once they are all in I'll sit down and get the whole story down.

This is awesome! Live in Sitka but grew up in Wrangell....definitely appreciate how much work went into harvesting this animal! Even a fly-in is an insane amount of work. Any chances of stopping by to see pics and hear about all the critters you saw? Nice work!

Congrats to you. I told you I wouldn't scare the elk out of the country:-)

Thanks for the kind words ... Bighorse ... that is a great picture ... looking forward to your hunt story. I'm sure it's a good one, as usual.

After 7 or 8 years I quit putting in for that hunt. I guess I'll have to live it thru story's like yours.

Congratulations .......