Thread: Mossberg MVP Predator

Default Mossberg MVP Predator

Anyone on here own one of these? I'm not sure i'm a fan of the AR mag, which is one of the big features they are proud of. But I like the size and weight of this gun for throwing on a sled. The reviews i've read online seem to indicate this is an accurate gun, out of the box.

I "think" that Mossberg's line of thought on the AR magazine is that you can easily find extras or replacements because "pretty" they ain't - It seems like a scout rifle platform would be a good place to employ the concept, (to me anyway)

The one i have is the sporter with the short barrell.The "barrell fluting" is a joke,the bolt is very sloppy.But the dam thing shoots.here are my loads for this rifle.THESE ARE SAFE IN MY RIFLE. 1)55gr V-max IMR 4895;;24.4grs--3100 fps One ragged hole at 100 yds. 2) 55gr soft points H335;;25.7 grs. 3000 fps 3 shots in under an inch at 100 yds.

Thanks for the info, I ended up deciding to build an AR after all. Still an interesting gun, but I decided for me i would just save a bit more and build exactly what i was after!