Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rm435

Default Rm435

Is there a need to get a permit from
    Fort rich when accessing this hunt from
    Arctic valley?

Screw that hunt! Do yourself a favor go buy a steer if you need meat... TWB hit it on the head last yr... There will be three post when this hunts starts. 1. Shot a moose in ship creek need help packing 2. Shot a moose in ship creek know who has horses 3. I forget the 3rd one...

To answer your question I don't know there is no way in hell I would go in through that way... Take a chainsaw and a machete, especially after the windstorm and all this rain what trail there was is probably well a mess..

Default Rm435

20 guys will wait up all night for that permit outside F&G.

13 won't hunt cuz its 10 below.
    4 will go for hike and then throw in the towel.
    1 guy will drop a moose 1/4 from the truck.
    2 guys will hunt together, go in 3-5 miles all gung-ho and shoot a moose only to realize its near impossible to pack it out and need a horse.

Recommend you touch base with the Ft Rich Visitors center for all needed info regarding access.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    20 guys will wait up all night for that permit outside F&G.

13 won't hunt cuz its 10 below.
    4 will go for hike and then throw in the towel.
    1 guy will drop a moose 1/4 from the truck.
    2 guys will hunt together, go in 3-5 miles all gung-ho and shoot a moose only to realize its near impossible to pack it out and need a horse.

Recommend you touch base with the Ft Rich Visitors center for all needed info regarding access.
    That about covers it all...

I suggest buy a steer get 1-2 other buddies go in with you. Drive to zero lake unload said steer chase it around shoot it... Then go from there...

Default Rm435

I heard 323 and bronco are gungho on this hunt and lookin for help packin.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I think you have us mistaken for some poor Airforce saps that don't know any better.

TWB must be mistaking us for matt83, I heard he and a buddy are hell bent for leather to go do this hunt.

Where are all those yahoos that have been begging for someone to give away their honey hole the past couple of months? I will gladly point them in the right direction on where to get a good bull on this hunt. All that is required is a little intestinal fortitude or is that a strong back and weak mind?

Default Rm435

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I think you have us mistaken for some poor Airforce saps that don't know any better.
    OHV required.

TWB must be mistaking us for matt83, I heard he and a buddy are hell bent for leather to go do this hunt.
    Better him than us... Considering they never shot a moose like to see there expression if they do get one. You didn't volunteer us to help pack did you???

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I heard 323 and bronco are gungho on this hunt and lookin for help packin.
    I won't make that mistake again...

I think this about sums that hunt up.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    You didn't volunteer us to help pack did you???
    I gave him your phone number and mine to program into his SPOT for once they get a moose down. Figured you needed some exercise since I have been gone for a good bit and you don't normally get any crazy ideas when I am not around that involve you getting to far from a vehicle.

I gave him your phone number and mine to program into his SPOT for once they get a moose down. Figured you needed some exercise since I have been gone for a good bit and you don't normally get any crazy ideas when I am not around that involve you getting to far from a vehicle.

I was wondering why he had trekking poles in Sportsman's the other night!!

I love when people do that hunt, it makes for a few threads that I look forward to each year.

Your right Arnold, I'm sure all that excercise u got walking from your office to the chow hall paid off...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Your right Arnold, I'm sure all that excercise u got walking from your office to the chow hall paid off...
    That was a long walk once or twice a day!

Default Rm435

Well it's in the budget and I got 4 or 5 buddies that will pack it out with me. I plan on goin a few nights each week and sticking as close as possible to the truck so we don't have to go too far.

Default Rm435

It's doable but you have got to make well executed decisions on travel, dot spend time somewhere the animals aren't. Should be enough snow to judge cow/bull tracks.

Find a set and follow them with a spotting scope. Pack light and smart, snowshoes, crampons and trekking poles.

Consider a small, stable sled. I'd rather tow a quarter a few miles than pack one in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Well it's in the budget and I got 4 or 5 buddies that will pack it out with me. I plan on goin a few nights each week and sticking as close as possible to the truck so we don't have to go too far.
    As with amny moose hunts, just hope they are more involved than on the "if you get one down, then call me list". Also hope they are willing to do a couple of trips each.

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast