Thread: Burris eliminator scope

Default Burris eliminator scope

Has anyone ever used one of these, is it as accurate as they make it out to be? And is it even legal in the state of alaska to use hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by mudman1 View Post
    Has anyone ever used one of these, is it as accurate as they make it out to be? And is it even legal in the state of alaska to use hunting?
    Haven't seen them use it on paper targets so its probably as accurate as you can get it to be. And legal w/ exceptions (e.g. hunts with certain weapon restrictions such as short range weapons; shotguns, muzzle loaders).

For the skills of the shooter (I had to help him turn it 90deg in the scope rings to get it installed correctly) i was quite impressed at the range...I would have already replaced my good ol' Leupold if it wern't for the pricetags. The ranging is within 1ft of my leupold rangefinder.

Have a buddy who has one and loves it. He uses it in Montana and said it has never let him down. He did say it adds some weight though.

Yeah it is like 3lbs!!!! But if you can put your range finder in your scope I guess it kinda equals out...

The ad data says they weigh 26 ozs. That's the only reason I haven't bought one. I've found them for the older models for $650-$700. Not that bad as scopes go. I'll wait untill they can lighten them up some more.