Thread: Last Minute Hunting Trip

Default Last Minute Hunting Trip

I have just heard that I will be coming to Alaska August 9 for a two week project. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding booking at a hunting trip either before of after my work? Specifics: I have hunted in Alaska before (but not seriously...used a rental car for access!!) Looking for a guided trip as I will be alone and would need to pack light (could not bring camping gear, etc) . Caribou would be easiest but would consider moose. Game unit 9 or 17 seem easiest to book but would consider all options.

How much time do you have after your project, and how much are you willing to spend? That will go a long ways towards making a good recommendation.

I will have the weeks of August 27 and September 3 available. As for costs, like everyone, I would like to keep it down but realize that a guided hunt may be my only option since I am alone. While I'm a fairly good outdoorsman, I don't think an unguided drop off by myself is prudent. I would consider all options that could keep my costs below $4,000.

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default Jim..

I sent you a private message. Good luck

Default Good Luck, and Good Fortune!

Nice to have extra time in Alaska to play! I wish you luck in your endeavors.

To help narrow your scope down - if you have a week to spare and 4500 or so to play with, don't spend too much time looking for guided moose hunt opportunities, as almost all are either more expensive and/or longer in duration.

Your best bet might be trying to find a partner for a drop camp caribou or black bear hunt, those might fit your time window and available cash.

Good luck, and good hunting!

Michael