Thread: Cutting Edge Bullets

Default Cutting Edge Bullets

Read an article about these bullets last night an was some what intriged. Anybody else check these out?
    In reading the article it seemed that the bullet didn't exceed what is currently on the market except in price and difficulty in hand loading. What are your guys thoughts? It also was apparent that you better have a fast barrel twist or they won't work

cuttingedgebullets.com

can't get the link Bliss, is there more to it,...? the link address, to the specific article, I mean
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I have tried to post the hyper link but it's not working. Plus being on a computer that blocks anything to do about weapons isn't helping, dam Brit's.
    Google it and you will find there site.
    I read the article in the lates Handloader magazine

Do some research on the AR forum. Pretty much everyone who uses these bullets has positive reviews. Don't remember reading anything about a fast twist required.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Do some research on the AR forum. Pretty much everyone who uses these bullets has positive reviews. Don't remember reading anything about a fast twist required.
    If you click on a paticular bullet it says what the minimum twist should be. .224 is all 1-9 or 1-10, nothing special. Move up to the .30 caliber and they want the same twist 1-9 or 1-10. Seems faster than most stock rifles are sporting for a .30 caliber.
    The .224 bullets was what I was originaly looking at for the 22-250. Unfortunatly my twist isn't fast enough but I though about maybe trying them on the AR plateform. But the cost is pretty significant for my application with the AR.

I did find one bullet that required only a 1-12 twist for the .308 caliber bullet. FBH-C37 165 grain flat base hollow point. Gonna have to do some more research. I found some interesting info on the Nosler forum and also Chuck Hawks page but would like to dig deeper. I already have a prefered bullet that performs great at $38 a box of 50. I don't think I can justify paying $60 a box for another bullet that performs similure except for tinkering purposes.

I haven't tried any CE bullets myself but reports that I've read the bullets have a relatively short bearing surface for the bullet shape allowing
    an improvement in muzzle velocity over similar shaped bullets of the same weight. This coupled with a good bc allows for some extended range.
    I was primarily interested in the 338 cal so I wasn't paying much attention to other sizes.

Gus