Thread: Got out for a bit today

Alaska to Stay

Default Got out for a bit today

Was able to take the new Grizz out today. Went to Eklutna first and then on out to Jim Creek. I am very pleased with the power steering system on this machine. Overall, it feels like it has a little less torque at lower speeds/rpm's than my Rubicon had. However, it does have plenty once you get into the throttle a little. The ride is 10 times better than the Rubicon, after getting home I don't feel like I went 10 rounds with Tyson. I may miss the range of gearing on Honda but the power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, fuel injection, way better ride with the IRS far outweighs the gearing. I can even ride a wheelie with this thing. Haven't done that in a long time! EricL

Cool! I know that my 660 in low range has a ton of grunt. I'm sure that as you use your Griz in real world situations you will find that that auto is really nice. The "range of gearing" just feels different since all you do is put it in low and hit the gas.

One thing I really like is the On-Command 4x4. It's nice to be cruising along at say, 25-mph in two wheel drive, come around a corner to a mudhole and be able to just push the button and be in 4 wheel drive and not have to stop. I'm always kicking it in and out as I ride.