Thread: Smoking Copper River Reds

Default Smoking Copper River Reds

Also does a wonderful smoke on fish!DSC03216.jpgDSC03212.jpg

Yum! I see your propane tank is set up there, what sort of burner assembly to you have going on in the bottom of that thing?
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

16 X 16 burner with a external regulator. most often use propane for meat only. Need the heat for internal temp of sausage. Got the burner assembly at amerigas fairly cheap!

Nice smoker! Color me jealous. I have a cookshack smokette and I like it except it is too small to do large quantities at one time. Now you've got me thinking of building a large one.

We have plans to quadruple the size of this one and put partions in so you can use part or all! want to smoke Turkeys and Hams etc.... Cold smoke for fish is a lot more work but well worth the effort. 2 trips to the Yukon river country taught me to use "smokewood" (cottonwood) for all my smoke. Works for both fish and game!

First off that thing is AWESOME!! I am extremely jealous.

Second thing... I have seen more than a few burn down and I would regret it if something happens and I didn't mention that you should consider moving it away from any other structures

If you look closely We have fire block between smokehouse and meat shed. External temps have not been over 165F. I appreciate your concern but also never leave unattended. If things work out to build our new smokehouse it wiil be behind the meatshed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toklat3 View Post
    If you look closely We have fire block between smokehouse and meat shed. External temps have not been over 165F. I appreciate your concern but also never leave unattended. If things work out to build our new smokehouse it wiil be behind the meatshed!
    I saw the fire block behind it, just noticed that it looked to be under the eve enough that bad things could happen. Sounds like you guys have it under control, sorry to take the thread off course.

Toklat3
    My neighbor had his smoker catch fire and it went up into the roof and spread so fast he lost 300,000 worth of house in about an hour. That was with about 25 firemen working to save it. The fire could go straight up....