Thread: Spray Liner?

Default Spray Liner?

I know this may have been brought up before. Just wondering if anyone here has done a spray liner to their aluminum canoe? What brand did you get? How has it worked for you? Was anything done special prior to the application? Pros and Cons?

Does anyone have pictures of the finished product?

I had heard that one of the major brands is more flexible than the other and that would be more desirable than the other.

Any thoughts or comments on this matter would be appreciated.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Default Spray Liner?

Auto Armor of Alaska. When I had the bow on my boat spayed they had a freighter in there get fully spayed.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Auto Armor of Alaska. When I had the bow on my boat spayed they had a freighter in there get fully spayed.
    are they line-x or rhino liner?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

spraying a conoe can help but the weight sure goes up a lot an if you carry it , it is a kiler on your back
    will be warmer less noise , less rock damage , but an that but is big , what sizr canoe , an the type of water you travel on , an do you carry it .
    car / truck top it ,???????????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    spraying a conoe can help but the weight sure goes up a lot an if you carry it , it is a kiler on your back
    will be warmer less noise , less rock damage , but an that but is big , what sizr canoe , an the type of water you travel on , an do you carry it .
    car / truck top it ,???????????????????/
    I have a 19' grumman and have a trailer for it. How much weight would guess that it would add?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I can't speak to usage in a canoe but for a truck bed Line-X is hands down the best I have found. I have had a truck with Rhino and it rubbed off on clothes and was pretty easy to cut/gouge. A buddy had one with some sort of super hard scratchy coating that would wear right through tarps and boxes if put in the bed. It also offered zero dent protection. That durraliner roll on stuff is neat for hobby projects on a budget but not something I would apply as a serious coating.

I have no experience with Vortex liner but they seem to own the market for mobile applications like garage floors and can do colors. Most of these companies offer sample pieces of liner if you contact them and request it.

Default Spray Liner?

It line x. Very good quality and John stands behind his work.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Default Spray Liner?

The reason why line x last longer than any other kind of Bed liner.

One line x is mixed at the gun and sprayed on hot.
    Rhino liner is pre mixed and sprayed on cold.

What portion of the canoe are you looking to use the spray liner? Inside to make it quieter/warmer for the occupants or the outside/bottom for reinforcing the bottom or both? I could see lining the bottom not adding all too much weight to an already heavy boat, but doing the entire thing will add a significant amount. I haven't done it, but would assume that you would want a nice smooth (no texture) for the bottom/outside and someting similar to the texture of a truck bed liner on the inside and any surface you might stand on or grab for pulling.

I talked with one of the dealers and his guess is that it would add about a 100 lbs to the weight. I was looking at doing the inside and he said about 900.00!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I used to ponder it on occasion, but now I'm bitterly against it. Having that stuff on canoes complicates future repairs of damage. Whether it's a leaky rivet, or a crack in the material.....you won't like it when it's time to make a repair.

One guy here sprayed it on the outside of his canoe. Non stick surfaces and rocks were probably a bad combo.

if any one gets a spray liner inside or outside how about giving us a report after use weight , sound , warmth , I feel that a lot ofthe followers of this web side sure would like to know how it turned out for you

Talk to Max about it he had his Canoe keels sprayed ait holds up well on the Kenai rock infested canoe trails. He is also a sponser here. http://www.alaskacanoetrips.com/