Thread: Willow Creek Update: After the Flood

Default Willow Creek Update: After the Flood

We ran Willow three times in the past week. Very different creek . First, the guage is reading about 60-70%. The higher it reads, the more it's off. 500 on the guage felt like 800-900cfs. On Guardrail, The main difference is the boof next to the big rock at the top of warm-up is GONE. There seems to be more holes, and they are bigger. The boof after 180 now has a tongue through the middle. On the Redgate section, There are lots of catch on the fly surf waves. At wave train half the water is taking the left channel. Play wave is gone. Three knuckle is Way bigger. Most of the easier rapids got a little bigger. There are also Lots of sweepers to paddle around. We will be cutting the sweepers out soon. Make sure you scout the take out. There is a sweeper that you can not paddle around just up stream of the bridge.

Thanks for the update. It is amazing how mother nature can change the rivers like that.

Default Upper upper section

Hey James, where's those clips of the upper upper? What levels do you think it is runnable with the new guage readings? Almost done with my project, i'll be up there soon.

Default Upper upper section

Quote Originally Posted by mark oathout View Post
    Hey James, where's those clips of the upper upper? What levels do you think it is runnable with the new guage readings? Almost done with my project, i'll be up there soon.
    Clips will come when I figure out how to edit. As far as good runable levels, 1,200 cfs and up on the guage is good. With re-adjustment that would be around 900 and up.