Thread: Grouse AC (after carbon)

Default Grouse AC (after carbon)

It was a fun day chasing birds with my bow. Man I love bird hunting with my bow. Time to enjoy eating them.

DSCN0516.jpgDSCN0517.jpg

That's good stuff right there. I've often considered using my bow for ptarmigan. What heads were you using?
    Go Big Red!

Good stuff. I consider grouse hunting with a bow some of the best practice for big game.

Aim small, miss small.

I've used the G5 Small game heads, they fly true but really whack em hard.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I've used the G5 small game heads as well, but prefer just the simple rubber bludgen heads. The handle the smack into the tree's and rocks better. I do use the G5 small game heads for rabbitts and fox though and you are right, the really whack the heck out of them. You will notice that one of the Hen's is missing a head, the rubber end took the head right off. Talk about a perfect shot.
    I also had a newly purchased Go Pro 2 mounted to the bow and got some decent footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    , the rubber end took the head right off. Talk about a perfect shot.
    I used bludgeons on turkey before but personally prefer the Judo points for "stump" shooting. I've shot rabbits, grouse, squirrels, and a snipe with them. When the arrow goes zipping through the body or you miss, those springs really catch the arrow and tip it upright instead of looking through the understory for an errant arrow.

Regardless of small game head selection, I wish everyone a multitude of opportunities and sharp shooting!
    Go Big Red!

Congrats on your hunt. I also love hunting birds with my bow. I was wondering what arrow rest you are using with your flu-flu arrows. I would like to start using flu-flus for birds but never have due to having a wisker biscuit rest. I have a rip cord now but still does not look like sufficient clearance for the feathers. What does everyone else use for an arrow rest with flu-flu arrows?

your rip cord will do fine. You don't have to worry about the clearance like you do with the other vanes. You do want to practice with them to make sure the impact is the same. Your arc will change due to the arrow slowing down, for me out to 25 yds there is very little difference.

How did you mount your GoPro?