Thread: Unit 23 results-How did you do?

Default Unit 23 results-How did you do?

Well this was our first year back in Kotz Outfitting after a short lay off and I was wondering how the forum members did in unit 23.

Personally my son and I bagged 3 nice bulls but that was in unit 13. With this being our first year back in Kotz we made the decision to only outfit a half of dozen clients so we could shake the bugs out of the new business model. Our groups were just at 80% on caribou and 50% on moose this year so I am thinking our guys did well. I talked with one of my friends who does drops and he thought this year may have been a bit down from normal years but he flew lots of big bulls out of the unit.

I currently have 2 groups still out so I will add their results in about a week.

Share your photos and lets get a feel for how everyone did over all. WACH is a gem and I hope most of you took home some good bulls.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country
    www.northwestalaska.net

I forgot to add pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kalugrok, on Kobuk River, 2012, and again, a great meat making place

If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

You got a good start Chip
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default Great time

We had an awesome trip. Could have killed lots of caribou, but didn't want to overload the plane. One guy also got a nice bear. Already booked again for next year.

Kens caribou 7-email.jpgPanorama from Kens caribou 2-email.jpg

Looking at your pics I am guessing you are at the headwaters of the Aggie or Squirrel Rivers.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Drop camps & Float hunts

Anisak, but we are floating next year--hoping to see some moose (saw zero this year). Didn't see much for bears either--hoping for a few of those next year. Lots of caribou the first couple days though.

Ken,

You must have been up there before me, not nearly enough snow in your pics

We managed to avoid the snow too but not the RAIN. We were on the noatak and I see Walt has already beat me to posting my favorite caribou pic (thanks!). It was a tough hunt but worked out just fine. If I had it to do over I might try to get up there earlier and get on the anisak before it had several camps on it and would hope to get a few days out of the RAIN. Walt of course I'd be interested to ehar how your last groups did and results from anyone else in the unit.

Bothe are out this weekend and I will let ya know. They are both Drop camps as we don't put float hunts out this late. I will be interested as well. We are able to put out hunts in Oct now when even 5 years ago we were out of the country by Sept. 26th ish. It is getting warmer!

Walt

www.northwestalaska.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green View Post
    We managed to avoid the snow too but not the RAIN. We were on the noatak and I see Walt has already beat me to posting my favorite caribou pic (thanks!). It was a tough hunt but worked out just fine. If I had it to do over I might try to get up there earlier and get on the anisak before it had several camps on it and would hope to get a few days out of the RAIN. Walt of course I'd be interested to ehar how your last groups did and results from anyone else in the unit.
    ...with a name like that, I'm not eating caribou at YOUR house

Walt, sending you a pm with a question.

Milo
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.