Thread: Dan Wesson revolver in 30-40 Krag value

Default Dan Wesson revolver in 30-40 Krag value

Just like the title says looking on value for this revolver that a co-working is thinking of trading for. He says its stainless double action 8 inch barrel in 30-40 Krag ported barrel Limited edition of 50. I can't find any info on the value of it any help would be appreciated.

30-40 Krag in a pistol? That's GOTTA hurt! I shoot one in a Browning 1895 and it is a healthy kick even with that platform...

Just guessing but figure this pistol is a 357 or 445 super mag that uses either 444marlin or 30-40 brass to make the case for loading.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Just guessing but figure this pistol is a 357 or 445 super mag that uses either 444marlin or 30-40 brass to make the case for loading.
    Super Mag would also be my guess.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

He needs to post on the dan wesson forums as they will know. I have never seen a Dan in this chambering - it could be a very
    expensive firearm. I would not pass it up for the right price. e.
    http://www.danwessonforum.com/

A Dan Wesson revolver in 30-40 Krag??? I don't think so.

DWs were made in modern calibers and I'd say not even a 38-40 (which is a revolver cartridge) which is much more likely. I'm sure a revolver in that large rifle caliber would not work at all.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I'm sitting here with a 30-40 Krag round right beside me.

It's NOT happening in any revolver I've seen, much less a DW.

If I remember correctly, BFR's were available in 30-40 for a while. It may have been the earlier D-Max versions before Magnum Research bought them out.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    If I remember correctly, BFR's were available in 30-40 for a while. It may have been the earlier D-Max versions before Magnum Research bought them out.
    Iíve only seen the 45-70, 500S&W, and 460S&W in the BFRs. I suppose 34-40 could work if loaded real short COL, the current model cylinder isnít but about .150Ē longer than a 30-40 case though.

In a Dan Wesson itís got to be a Super-Mag, for those you use a 30-40 case turned down and shortened. So someone not knowing what they are looking at and reading the head stamp . . .
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm guessing its a super mag also. I asked him 3 times if he was sure it was a full size 30-40 rifle round as he was describing it to me over the phone. I'm guessing that its a cut down case to make the 445supermag ammo. Thank you for all the responses have a good day.

The brass was a pain to make but the 30-40 brass was easier than the 444marlin. I'm thinking someone still makes 445 runs of brass from time to time.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Ok. That would make sense. 30-40 brass for the 445. We can buy good super mag brass nor. Yes DW revolvers are fine equipment. Lots gun there for a novice though.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Do a search for "The Dan Wesson Forum". You'll find some real DW collectors and know it alls (no one knows it all when it comes to DWs, they did a lot of different things!). Nice bunch of guys that frequent that site.

It appears the BFR's I was thinking of were 30-30's, not 30-40's.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    It appears the BFR's I was thinking of were 30-30's, not 30-40's.
    Ya I do remember 30-30 now that you say that.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona