Thread: 6.8 SPC Magazines

Default 6.8 SPC Magazines

For those with a 6.8 SPC AR15 or anyone considering them there is finally a budget friendly magazine source. I ordered up 4 new C-Products mags from Midway for $14 each + shipping! C-Products as a company failed several years back but has been resurrected with completely new ownership and so far seem to be dedicated to bringing a quality affordable mag to market.

I only pulled one of the 4 I purchased out of the package to test but it loads and locks in as expected and seems to feed correctly though I haven't taken It to the range yet. Definitely not as nicely constructed as a PRI mag but it didn't cost $45 either!!!

I order the PRI magazine followers and convert. I also color code my 6.8 and 5.56 magazines.

Nice. That just might get me to consider a 6.8 for my daughter now.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

ASC also makes inexpensive 6.8 mags. My limited and possibly incorrect understanding is that C Products had some creditor issues and ASC is part of the fallout. I hope their mags work, as they have reasonably priced 10 and 15 rounders, which I would like to use for hunting.

D&H now has a Gen 2 mag in 6.8, about the same price as the ASC and C Products Defense mags.

Evidently the D&H Gen 1 wasn't real great (never used one). But D&H 5.56 mags are way better than anything ever produced by C Products. I got one of the new CPD 6.8 mags and will find out if they have the same superb twisted mag bodies and poor seam alignment and welding as C Products had. I hope the CPD mags work, but I'm not holding my breath.

I expect I'll have to pony up for the PRI mag.

I have a couple 10 round pri mags. Seems like the 30 round bushmaster mag I also have will hold cartridges about as long as the pri.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Not to hijack this thread, does anyone have load data for 110 gr. Accubond loads. Also interested in what your pet loads are.

ThanksSteve

Just google 68forums, Steve. Go to the reloading forum. All kinds of load data there. A whole thread on 110 accu's.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

6.8 mags from Barrett are the best steel mags out there.

That being said the new Magpul 6.8 mags are going to blow them all away for a price of around $20. Only problem is you have to buy a new platform as they will only fit the new LWRC proprietary platform. Here is a pic for those who have not seen it: