Thread: New Reloading Data

Default New Reloading Data

I just found out today that Berger Bullets has released their long awaited manual. Although many of us have several manuals the information that can be absorbed by reading a variety of disciplines goes a long way in improving your skills and safety. Having additional comparisons between manuals and or powder selections is useful when deciding on load data. I called them and confirmed the signed copies are available and shipments have begun.

The following is the information I found on the net:

It is with great pride and pleasure that I announce the completion of the Berger Bullets Reloading Manual. This 829 page manual has become real and will be available to the public in the next few months. Our team worked very hard to create a thorough manual which gives the shooter everything they come to expect from a reloading manual, along with several extra items we hope the shooters will find interesting and useful.

We are accepting pre-orders for a retail price of $29.00. The books will begin shipping in six weeks. The first 3,000 books ordered will be signed by Walt Berger, Bryan Litz, Michelle Gallagher and myself.

Sections included in the manual:

The Story of Walt Berger
    Basic & Advanced Reloading Techniques
    Introduction to Shooting Disciplines
    G1 vs G7 Ballistic Coefficients
    Form Factor: A Useful Analysis Tool
    Powder Lot to Lot Variations Discussed
    Reloading data for over 70 cartridges

Plus many more! Visit our blog to learn more about these and other sections.

http://buybergerbullets.3dcartstores...nual_c_31.html

One of the reasons it took so long to complete this manual is because we wanted to include as much good information as we could provide. It is my opinion that we have succeeded in this effort and I am proud that we are ready to provide a quality loading manual which will help rifle shooters at all levels.

Kind Regards,
    Eric Stecker
    Berger Bullets

The following is a complete list of the cartridges found in our reloading manual. This book contains load data for 71 cartridges. We tried to include as many popular cartridges as possible; but due to time and size restraints, we were not able to accommodate every one. These additional loads will be listed on our website once the manual is released (along with data for new bullets, etc).
    17 Caliber
    17 Ackley Hornet
    17 Fireball
    17 Mach IV
    17 Remington
    20 Caliber
    20 Tactical
    204 Ruger
    22 Caliber
    22 Hornet
    22 K Hornet
    221 Fireball
    222 Remington
    223 Remington
    22 PPC USA
    222 Remington Magnum
    22 BR
    22-250 Remington
    220 Swift
    223 WSSM
    6mm
    645mm
    6mm PPC USA
    6mm BR Norma
    6mm BR Remington
    6mm Dasher
    647 Lapua
    243 Winchester
    6XC
    244 Rem/6mm Rem
    6mm-284 Winchester
    243 WSSM
    240 Weatherby Magnum
    25 Caliber
    250-3000 Savage
    257 Roberts
    25-06 Remington
    25 WSSM
    257 Weatherby Magnum
    6.5mm
    6.5 Grendel
    6.5 Creedmoor
    260 Remington
    6.555mm Swedish Mauser
    6.5 Remington Magnum
    6.547 Lapua
    6.5-284 Norma
    6.5mm-06
    264 Winchester Magnum
    270 Caliber
    270 Winchester
    270 Winchester Short Magnum
    270 Weatherby Magnum
    7mm
    7mm-08 Remington
    757mm Mauser
    280 Remington
    284 Winchester
    7mm Rem Short Action Ultra Mag
    7mm Winchester Short Magnum
    7mm Remington Magnum
    7mm Weatherby Magnum
    7mm Dakota
    7mm Shooting Times Westerner
    7.21 Lazzeroni Firebird
    7.21 Lazzeroni Tomahawk
    7mm Remington Ultra Magnum
    30 Caliber
    7.555mm Schmidt Rubin 7.5 Swiss
    300 Savage
    308 Winchester
    30-06 Springfield
    300 Rem Short Action Ultra Mag
    300 Winchester Short Magnum
    300 H&H Magnum
    308 Norma Magnum
    300 Winchester Magnum
    300 Weatherby Magnum
    300 Remington Ultra Magnum
    30-378 Weatherby Magnum

Interesting ... but nothing bigger than .308! Looking forward to perusing the pages.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

For Alaska residents that may wish to purchase a copy ... shipping is $22 ($29 for the manual) ... but if you call and give customer service your cc info over the phone they will send it USPS priority mail for $6 ... for anyone that may be interested. Good shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Interesting ... but nothing bigger than .308! Looking forward to perusing the pages.
    Keep in mind they only have one bullet larger than .308 diameter, it's the 300gr .338 Hybrid and it's a good shooter in the heavy hitters. I over heard some shooters at a long range match discussing other .338 shapes and weights in the testing stage and a new .375 and .416 long range design in the works. It took a long time to get the .338 out for sale so I can't even begin to speculate how long other designs will take. The following information is from their web site...

We tried to include as many popular cartridges as possible; but due to time and size restraints, we were not able to accommodate every one. These additional loads will be listed on our website once the manual is released (along with data for new bullets, etc).

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Products/All%20Bullets.html

I'm looking forward to trying the 230gr Hybrid in the 300 RUM. The .719 BC should make the longer shots easier when dealing with the wind.

Thanks, Marshall. I'll get one on order.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Good news. I've been waiting for them to come out with one. Thanks for the heads up.

I would love to have this book. But Berger is sticking with the policy that UPS will be their only shipper, so a book that costs $29.00 will cost me $47.95 just in shipping. I do not understand why a business does not use all available options to get their product out to the consumer. Flat rate is $10.35, postage can be printed off the computer and the post office will even pick up. What is wrong with that?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

The book just arrived today, sweet!

There are 243 pages in the front of the book that discuss procedures, techniques and stories. There are an additional 20 pages in the back for conversions and miscellaneous data. This should be good reading material.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Berger book.jpg   Berger autograph.jpg  

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    The book just arrived today, sweet!

There are 243 pages in the front of the book that discuss procedures, techniques and stories. There are an additional 20 pages in the back for conversions and miscellaneous data. This should be good reading material.
    Marshall, as long as it has enough "pictures" I know you'll be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ekberger View Post
    Marshall, as long as it has enough "pictures" I know you'll be happy!

Hey Eric, mine came with a card that said yours wouldn't have any autographs. They assumed you bluffed them with your last name...

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Hey Eric, mine came with a card that said yours wouldn't have any autographs. They assumed you bluffed them with your last name...
    Hey Marshall, look what the UPS man brought me today...I guess you talked to the wrong administrative assistant!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berger-Book.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	64664

Quote Originally Posted by ekberger View Post
    Hey Marshall, look what the UPS man brought me today...I guess you talked to the wrong administrative assistant!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berger-Book.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	64664
    That's funny, I don't care you you are. Nice photo shop and better signatures, do you want to trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    I would love to have this book. But Berger is sticking with the policy that UPS will be their only shipper, so a book that costs $29.00 will cost me $47.95 just in shipping. I do not understand why a business does not use all available options to get their product out to the consumer. Flat rate is $10.35, postage can be printed off the computer and the post office will even pick up. What is wrong with that?
    Would it help to have it shipped to me then I could send it your way?

See my note above - mine came USPS/priority mail for $6 ... but I had to call cust. service and request this.

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    For Alaska residents that may wish to purchase a copy ... shipping is $22 ($29 for the manual) ... but if you call and give customer service your cc info over the phone they will send it USPS priority mail for $6 ... for anyone that may be interested. Good shooting!
    Bingo!

I received mine yesterday. In a large Priority Mail flat rate box. It was a heavy box. I opened it to find the bag filled with polyurethane foam, as when the shipper sandwiches something within two bags of foam to protect the contents in transit. I pulled up the top bag and there it was inside another box. Gotta hand it to Berger, they wanted their book to arrive safely.
    Not a beginners book, much info for those who are already very familiar with reload ala Alphin's Any Shot You Want. I think it a necessary addition to the reloading shelf.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Not a beginners book, much info for those who are already very familiar with reload ala Alphin's Any Shot You Want. I think it a necessary addition to the reloading shelf.
    I'm enjoying the little details. Really liking page 140-170, glad to be reassured that I'm not nuts...

Looking forward to the arrival of Brian Litz's new book, http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/book2.html His first book has been a source of outstanding data that has helped to make me a better shooter. http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Book.htm

My wife called and said it arrived yesterday. Now I'm even more excited about getting home tomorrow.