Thread: Any Problems bringing bows through canada?

Default Any Problems bringing bows through canada?

I don't think there are but I wanted to check with the collective to find out...

P.S. I got my new bow well worth the 20 bucks
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

no problem, you do not even need to declare them, i do if they ask"any weapons" but that is all
    crossbow could be a different story i do not know
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default No Problem

I brought mine up with no problems. Just make sure it is unloaded there AKPM!;D

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

figured it would be cool, now I just need to buy some arrows and start practicing! Bowhunter ED june 11!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default I had no problems when I crossed the border

When I moved up here last summer I had no problems crossing either border. I even told them that I had my archery equipment in the back of my Explorer, I just recommend keeping broadheads not very accessible or on your arrows.

Default Nope

Canadian customs did not have any problem September 06 with my bow and associated equipment. I crossed from North Dakota.

Default Canada

I have crossed many times with a bow and I even declared it the first time when they asked if I had any firearms the lady laughed when I said only if a bow and arrows count and she sent me along my merry way.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY **** WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I have not crossed over Canada with my bow but I have hunted in Saskatchewan with my bow a few times. I had no problem in Canada at all. Every tip I was told good luck and hope you get a big bear. Very nice people to deal with. And the custom people pointed me to the exit. I had a harder time getting on a plane in the states with my bow.