Thread: Moose Camp

Default Moose Camp

I would be interested in either joining or forming a moose hunting group. Willing to earn my way into a turn at shooting. Well outfitted and experienced, can cook and tend a fire. Would prefer to try a trip or two next summer to test compatibility. Really just enjoy being around other hunters in a camp environment and calling and interacting with moose. I'm safe with my rifle and don't mind a drink at days end, but not interested in a drunk, dangerous camp. The Troopers would always be welcome to stop by my camp, I'm NOT okay with any game violations. I'm Fairbanks based.

Thanks

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Only a fool wouldn't want you in their camp.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I would be interested in either joining or forming a moose hunting group. Willing to earn my way into a turn at shooting. Well outfitted and experienced, can cook and tend a fire. Would prefer to try a trip or two next summer to test compatibility. Really just enjoy being around other hunters in a camp environment and calling and interacting with moose. I'm safe with my rifle and don't mind a drink at days end, but not interested in a drunk, dangerous camp. The Troopers would always be welcome to stop by my camp, I'm NOT okay with any game violations. I'm Fairbanks based.

Thanks

Steve
    had me ready to ask until the last sentence our group is a game violation waiting to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Only a fool wouldn't want you in their camp.
    Moose hunted with some great folks,, too bad the military likes to move them as soon as they get trained.. LOL
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    had me ready to ask until the last sentence our group is a game violation waiting to happen...
    Yea, Sorry about that.. I'm too old to go to jail and be... well I'm just scared straight so to speak.

I like to hunt to avoid drama, not seek it out.
    Founding Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you can come hang with us anytime steve...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

steve, you might be the guy for us, and maybe were the guys for you. we need a 4th guy with a tracked vehicle like you do.not to mention, judging by your other posts, you would be a first rate guy in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you can come hang with us anytime steve...
    Yeah stay in unit 20 with the riff raff!

Steve,

We have been working on getting into a new area. So far everything we've seen indicates it is virgin ground. We took four trips out there last summer to cut trails. I hunted it for one night this season and saw good sign and even a couple of moose. The guys took a bull at our old site, so I bagged it in the morning and headed back to help out. I want to be another mile or two in, and it will take a bit of work to get there. I'll be spending several weekends next spring and summer cutting more trail and doing some exploring. I plan to set up a bear bait out there in the spring as well since I'll be in the area. Only thing I ask is that the area be kept secret. PM me if you want to grab a beer or meet up and talk about it some more.

Steve PM sent

Default Moose Camp

I would be interested in forming a moose hunting group after ensuring compatability. I too drive a tracked argo, non drinker except for a beer or two, have a 12 x 14 wall tent with heater cut out, and am more interested in hunting than camping! if you end up forming a group, pm me and we'll see if it can work out. am mainly looking for a couple other guys to help split the camp load up and for support if any of the other machines break down. I am gun safe, mellow not obnoxious, Christian, and respectful of others. by the way, I don't hunt from a machine, the machine is just to transport camp and meat whenever possible. thx for considering.