Thread: Haul Road conditions/chance at a caribou?

Default Haul Road conditions/chance at a caribou?

Hey guys, I'm looking to head up the road in order to try and get a caribou with my bow. I was wondering when the road or the lack of bou simply isn't worth the trip up there. I struck out earlier this fall on a float rifle hunt and simply looking for another opportunity to hunt either by bow or rifle. Any advice or if someone is looking to go caribou hunting one weekend let me know. This will be my last year to hunt for that caribou of a lifetime and I feel like I'm running out of options. Have a great one guys!

From what I here they are still off the road a ways im sure if you cover a lot of ground you will find a few. We are thinking of heading up in another 10-14 days hoping they start moving.......

I'm driving up tomorrow. I'll probably post a report on what I see on the bowhunting forum thread.

Good deal! Yea, I'm thinking of heading up here in a couple of weeks based on some advice/help I can get on here. Best of luck and I'll be awaiting a report. Thanks guys and safe travels.