Thread: 29th report

Default 29th report

saw a lot less birds today not nearly as many migrators comming down but still managed to get a couple limits. didnt shoot one blue bill today lots of teal few mallards, widgeon and a pin tail done for the weekend. now its time to rest until next weekend. how did every one else do.

I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

2 mallards, 2 pintails, 2 widgeon, 1 GWT, and of course my usual spoonie! I thought they all had left, but I probably shot the last one in AK, Don't worry everybody...I got them all now, no need to worry about spoonies anymore!

I saw the same as you, not as many birds around. Lots of new swans, and geese, but not ducks.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

man...you sure put a dent on tje spoonie population this year..lol

should be real good push here in the next week or two of some big group of greenheads...any ideas if this push has happened yet?

nice job guys
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

My forum name should have been Spoonieslayer56!

I don't think the big push has come yet. Last weekend was one of the best shoots I have had up here, but today was a lot slower. I wasn't shooting many migrators last weekend, or today. One of the mallards I shot today was definitely a migrator, and maybe one of the widgeon.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

yeah..you guys should see some big flocks soon, enjoy it when they arrive

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    My forum name should have been Spoonieslayer56!

I don't think the big push has come yet. Last weekend was one of the best shoots I have had up here, but today was a lot slower. I wasn't shooting many migrators last weekend, or today. One of the mallards I shot today was definitely a migrator, and maybe one of the widgeon.
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

we had an excellent morning light snow west wind, saw lots of geese 15 pintails 5 widgeon 2 teal and one mallard birds working decoys cupped wings are a good thing.......................................

well...I had motor problems to start the day off...didnt get out til 9. left with 4... trying again tomorrow. hope for a better shoot. congrats on the limits guys! nice.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

what kind of motor?

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    well...I had motor problems to start the day off...didnt get out til 9. left with 4... trying again tomorrow. hope for a better shoot. congrats on the limits guys! nice.

Default 29th report

I had 3 in my boat for one which was too much. I have a copperhead 18. I'm not sure what was going on but It was running ROUGH. I shut it down for a bit flipped the ignition a few times and started it up and it ran after that. No idea what the deal was.

Nice work fellas. That's alot of pintail, widgeon.

not what I need to hear...lol

I had 3 in my boat for one which was too much. I have a copperhead 18. I'm not sure what was going on but It was running ROUGH. I shut it down for a bit flipped the ignition a few times and started it up and it ran after that. No idea what the deal was.

yeah man...nothing like those cupped wings...I love when the commit to the spread and dance on the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by widgeon 1 View Post
    we had an excellent morning light snow west wind, saw lots of geese 15 pintails 5 widgeon 2 teal and one mallard birds working decoys cupped wings are a good thing.......................................

Default 29th report

Having an overloaded boat is what caused my problems I believe...only about 6" of freeboard. I was barging water for about an hour. Ran the motor this evening and all seems well. I won't be taking that much with me again. My Boat being 14x48". Makes it less desirable to load heavy compared to a longer more slender boat. I do not regret purchasing that motor!

My go devil was running ****ty until i turned the air intake towards the exhaust to pull warmer air.

Default 29th report

I think I had water in the fuel. Adding heet to every tank will become a regular thing. Ran great this morning.