Thread: Sept 29th

Default Sept 29th

How did everybody do in all this fresh snow? Hopefully be out tomorrow!

Got a late start but we did end up getting 2 teal and shot at a few others that were a little far away. I did see one of the only fully colored drake mallards that I have ever seen in Alaska which I thought was super cool but I didn't get a shot off at them because I forgot my safety was on... But still a great hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Got a late start but we did end up getting 2 teal and shot at a few others that were a little far away. I did see one of the only fully colored drake mallards that I have ever seen in Alaska which I thought was super cool but I didn't get a shot off at them because I forgot my safety was on... But still a great hunt.

I hate it when that happens, but it happens to all of us. That and forgetting to reload a shell in your gun after you just shot a bird. Then when the next flock comes in you discover that...OMG I only had one shell in the gun!!! Crap, reload, reload!!! Too late, they are out of range...
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Default Sept 29th

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I hate it when that happens, but it happens to all of us. That and forgetting to reload a shell in your gun after you just shot a bird. Then when the next flock comes in you discover that...OMG I only had one shell in the gun!!! Crap, reload, reload!!! Too late, they are out of range...
    Another reason I like my o/u!!! It's reaction...bang bang! Hit lever.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.