Thread: Injector issues???????

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Injector issues???????

looking for comments or suggestions..... Had a borrowed 2010 Prowler 700 EFI shut off yeasterday, its only 27 miles from the road...

started up, and ran first button as norm. made it 15 miles out and it shut down. not.. sputter sputter... sputttt.... but Brooooom-click off...

cranks fine... wants to run, some times... has spark.. good fuel pressure to the injector..but can test the injector in the field...

was some crap in the fuel fillter when we blew it out, and throttle body was dirty also..

oil was low.. i added about 8 oz and brought it full again. water level is good... and only other issue.. relevant or not.. is the clutches need work.. new wieghts and such along with a new belt... 2100+/- miles on the machine..

we pulled the injector and did not get a spray out of it.. but i understand they wont unless running? spark plug is DRY and correct color... so not getting fuel... seems logical soloution?????

any similar issues? experiances?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Throttle Position Sensor most likely the culprit with that many miles on it. Can always try a new plug first.

Can google "tps adjust" and model of utv for procedure.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hmmm i will keep that in mind Junk, talked to the head Mech... and he seems to feel its an injector also, showed me how to pull it, and apply 12 volst to it to open it. a can of compressed air from the bottom SHOULD blow it out he feels at least enough to get it back to the road.. its not a part kepts in stock... so is a fw weeks out if i cant clean it.

discussed the other electrical issues with him, and he doesnt feel they are relavent,,, the speedo is prolly the guage going bad, as they had many do that.

but to test the injector, remove it, and unplug power supply to it. where the power supply plugs into injector take two test leads and apply 12 volts to prongs, when injector clicks you should be able to blow air through it... sound simple enough,

looks like i have a misson soon as the weather clears up a tad
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    hmmm i will keep that in mind Junk, talked to the head Mech... and he seems to feel its an injector also, showed me how to pull it, and apply 12 volst to it to open it. a can of compressed air from the bottom SHOULD blow it out he feels at least enough to get it back to the road.. its not a part kepts in stock... so is a fw weeks out if i cant clean it.

discussed the other electrical issues with him, and he doesnt feel they are relavent,,, the speedo is prolly the guage going bad, as they had many do that.

but to test the injector, remove it, and unplug power supply to it. where the power supply plugs into injector take two test leads and apply 12 volts to prongs, when injector clicks you should be able to blow air through it... sound simple enough,

looks like i have a misson soon as the weather clears up a tad
    How they told you to open the injector is correct but some also have a screen filter that you will need to remove as well. You can soak them in concentrated injector cleaner and then do the blow through and that normally cleans them up good. I normally buy a spare injector plug in and use that to make a harness to hook up to a battery. Makes life easier than messing with the factory stuff and messing it up.

Okay so Round TWO... buddy and i took off this morning in the rain and snow after said broken Prowler...

got in there, pulled injectors and used a can of air on it, same as the ones used for cleaning keyboards etc...

injector clicked and cleared at promised, and got it spraying fuel... engine cranks fuel sprays... and runs back out front of throttle body, pulled injector again, sprays, cranks...

touch gas peddle and injector shuts off...

gas blows back out intake

hold hand over throttle body it blows hand back off..

starting fluid stright down Spark plug hole.. no fire.. plug is DRY and sparks very well

no start.. wants to... but no..

begining to think it jumped time, has some compression so T/chain is still intact

stuck between two hills, cant tow out with another wheeler or prowler, to steep, so looks like the Jeep and winch line are going to have to go in...

got the jeep from the same old fart that ownes the down prowler, and half the broken **** in my yard seems like... SO!!!!!!!!!!! should be an interesting time...

meet on face book here

got the jeep from the same old fart that ownes the down prowler, and half the broken **** in my yard seems like... SO!!!!!!!!!!! should be an interesting time...

NO! i am not using stuff aquired from 323...

meet on face book here

NO! i am not using stuff aquired from 323...
    Hahaha comedy hour in Fairbanks I see...

Sounds like fun times Vince! Good luck getting it out of there, recovery of dead vehicles is never any fun. Would it be easier to wait till after freeze up and tow it out on sleds behind snowmachines?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Sounds like fun times Vince! Good luck getting it out of there, recovery of dead vehicles is never any fun. Would it be easier to wait till after freeze up and tow it out on sleds behind snowmachines?
    easier? maybe...

but then whats the fun in easy...

meet on face book here