Thread: average cost for air charters

Default average cost for air charters

I'm wondering what the average cost per hour that most flying charter services in Alaska charge. I'm looking for round-about information, and I just want a basic lake drop-off and pick-up. I called one place and they were asking $1000/hr. That was with an Otter though. I'd be more interested in smaller/cheaper planes. Maybe you could mention the cheapest you've heard of and the most expensive you've heard of, so I could get a general idea of what to expect. Thanks.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Sorry no answers here......just along for the ride looking for the same info.

We're looking for a one way ride to the Upper Russian on July 23rd.

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    Sorry no answers here......just along for the ride looking for the same info.

We're looking for a one way ride to the Upper Russian on July 23rd.
    Moose Pass is probably your closest and least expensive ride. See if you can't locate someone there. I don't know who flies out of there any more, but I used to use Bear Paw Fflying Service. He's long gone, I think.

Gotta be someone there, though ...................

Good Luck

Interesting, I figured to get quite a few quick responses. Maybe it's not etiquette to talk about pricing. I guess I'll call around.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Will look it up when I get home, but Scenic Air (I think that was the name) out of Moose Pass was real friendly and beat the 140 I had initially heard.

I am most likely going to confirm with them in the next couple of days....if you hear anything good in the next day or so, please pass it along.

Rates that I've been quoted for this year:

206 or 185 at $360/hour. (SE AK)

Beaver at $500/hour. (SE AK)

Beaver at $525/hour flying out of Nikiski.