Thread: mokai for moose hunting?

Default mokai for moose hunting?

Has anyone ever used a Mokai for moose hunting? For those of you who do not know what a Mokai is, it is like a jet drive kayak thingy.

I have never used one for hunting. I have some friends that have bought them and have also sold them. They are really cool but the main issue, especially when moose hunting, is storage capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by 907pride View Post
    I have never used one for hunting. I have some friends that have bought them and have also sold them. They are really cool but the main issue, especially when moose hunting, is storage capacity.
    Might be able to stow a packraft and go upstream and then float back down with a "trailer."
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Might be able to stow a packraft and go upstream and then float back down with a "trailer."
    Pretty sure I read where a guy on here did that successfully. I'm not sure how happy that operation would be with any upriver routes home though.

Those Mokai's sure look like fun. I'd love to see a moose-hunter's edition of it (eddie bauer edition) someday.

The guys that I know that have used them, use them as a secondary craft only. Get to the hunting area by jet or air, then use the Molais to hunt the sloughs & what not.

I have two..and will tell you Mokiaman on the forum has..talked to him about it once. Said he had done it successfully a few times. might try to send him a message.

I have used mine for duckhunting and fishing..I will eventually use it for hunting and have now rigged it with a small rack on the front to accomodate af little more secure storage space. The overall balance and weight will always continue to be an issue..constant adjustments will need to be made to get it to ride right. You will eventually get it right. Just have to make mulitiple trips.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.