Thread: Woodshed

Default Woodshed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348815996.411766.jpg

Built a woodshed yesterday. It will be nice not dealing with tarps.
    It holds 16 chords about a 3 year supply for me.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Mine is very similar. Last week's flooding took some of my split wood but without my woodshed it would have taken all of it.

Default Woodshed

That is really sweet!

I have something similar in mind but smaller and built on skids. We rarely use wood but dealing with tarps and snow when we do need it is always a nightmare. I really like the slats to facilitate airflow. I am curious how they do this winter at keeping blowing snow out of the wood. Hopefully you will update us on that.

Very nice job.

Great Shed! I too am interested in how blowing snow does with slat walls.

Mine's done fine for lots of years. If there are any snow problems they'll be too much snow in front of the shed and too much snow on top, since poles and slats don't have much shear strength. When the snow slides off, that shed's going to rock. I know mine does.

Attachment 63962

Here's a smaller version. 12' wide by 3' deep. Sized that way to use 6' long cedar fencing from the big box store. Minimal amount of cuting and waste. A 12' by 3' sheet of roofing steel cuts up and goes on without waste too.

wolfkiller, With such a fine looking woodshed you should have a woodshed warming party and have all of your friends and neighbors bring a pickup load of wood as a shed warming gift.

Looks nice WK. One thing I noticed (since mine is similar) is that it looks like you are in a low spot with the shed. In the spring I get alot of surface runoff ponding in my woodshed. putting a layer of old pallets down before piling the firewood in helps keep your wood out of the water.

it is nice to have your wood on pallets so your bottom stack gets air and is not garbage by the time you get to it. but that is a great looks=ing wood shed a would love to have one just like it some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Mine's done fine for lots of years. If there are any snow problems they'll be too much snow in front of the shed and too much snow on top, since poles and slats don't have much shear strength. When the snow slides off, that shed's going to rock. I know mine does.
    Cross braces across the two outside panels of the rear wall, much like the side walls, should stop any rocking motion.