Thread: new bow build

Default new bow build

so its been a while since I built a new bow(so to speak) so I am pretty excited about my new project. I have been unsure about what I wanted to shoot but after talking with a few of my old shooting buddies from the states I decided on a hoyt alpha burner.. The trick was finding the one I wanted.. I have never really liked camo bows and shot all different colors from different companies so I came across red this time and was pretty excited(dont ever recall owning red) only issue was length so ordered up some cams and strings... should be a shooter...

Let me know when you wanna build a yellar one. That one looks like it'll make a Super-Stock class racer.

What weight are you "shooting" for?
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

right now at a 28 1/2 draw the limbs should top out at 60# but I also have a set of heavier limbs if I want to get a little more out of it...
    I am trying for a balance of speed and good weighted arrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Boud'arc View Post
    Let me know when you wanna build a yellar one. That one looks like it'll make a Super-Stock class racer.
    yeah yeah yeah,I know all about those yellar ones, used to help friends build em... that there is an art form in and of itself for sure.....dont you have a sheep to go shoot....LOL

So finally got time to finish my bow.. Being very picky about who works on my bow and knowing Dave at Full Curl archery fairly well I decided to give him a shot.. Well Dave did a supurb job putting my bow together including strings cables and cams..everything looks great,no cam lean to speak of just a great job so now the rest was up to me... slapped on my sight and rest and after initial tuning she looks like she is gonna be a shooter. At 60# with 2314 alum target arrows she smokes... looking forward to having some fun hunting with it... with some light gear its gonna make a heck of a sheep hunting bow...now all I need is a park permit to go with it...