Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Moose Antlers

Default Stolen Moose Antlers

I just got word from a worker at Ted Stevens Airport...a guy went into the bar, leaving his moose antlers right outside the door (which I would NEVER do that!) and someone grabbed them, don't know what size or what they looked like, people like that should be flogged!

I'm such a newbie at this posting....I can't even get my post on the right Forum department....

That's pretty dumb!!!!! Do you have any more details? What is the purpose of your post, are you trying to help get them back or are you just sharing the stupidity of the owner as well as the thief?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

R u sure security didn't pick them up?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/for/3301652508.html

Some doofus is advertising on craigslist..

Moose Antlers - $500 (Raspberry and Northwood)

Date: 2012-09-27, 8:24PM AKDT

45lb/ 57" Moose Antlers For Sale, Will be removed from their skull plate as to imitate antler sheds. $500. You pick up. Need to be sold by Sunday the 30th. Call Derek at 770-563 zero.
    Counter offers accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    That's pretty dumb!!!!! Do you have any more details? What is the purpose of your post, are you trying to help get them back or are you just sharing the stupidity of the owner as well as the thief?
    I guess I was hoping someone might notice a set of antlers in the thieves possession...a non hunter bragging about a moose he didn't shoot, though he might say someone gave them to him, I'm sure you need a transfer of possession form to go with them. Usually it's the meat that is shared, and a nice set of antlers goes on the shooters wall. I doubt that you would notice them as I see you are way down in North Carolina. These antlers never made it on their flight out of Alaska, and are still up here somewhere. I agree the owner should not have left them unattended, some folks are too trusting for sure. I don't have a photo (wish I did) of the antlers, as I don't know the guy that lost them. And just because something like that 'does' makes it onto it's flight, there is no guarantee it will be there at it's final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    R u sure security didn't pick them up?
    Security was looking for them, so I doubt they picked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post

45lb/ 57" Moose Antlers For Sale, Will be removed from their skull plate as to imitate antler sheds. $500. You pick up. Need to be sold by Sunday the 30th. Call Derek at 770-563 zero.
    Counter offers accepted.
    Yeah...that looks suspicious. Same day antlers get stolen, there's a nice trophy set for sale. Who in their right mind would hack a rack like that one, not any of the hunters that I know. Though they could be re-attached onto a foam head form. Looks fresh too, if it had rubber hose on all the tips I would think they were the stolen antlers! Wonder if ole Derek has a punched tag or transfer of possession form?

Taking little to no details, pictures or description and applying it to a Craigslist ad and calling the ad poster out as a doofus and suspicious.

You guys shoulda been cops.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Taking little to no details, pictures or description and applying it to a Craigslist ad and calling the ad poster out as a doofus and suspicious.

Barney Fife at your service!

I honestly think the horns on CL are not the stolen set. Just piecing together clues so 323 will give me a scooby snack.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post

Well the ad did look kinda suspicious...would you cut a set of antlers like that? ( I never said the word doofus )

The guy must be tight on $ to willingly hack his rack.

I can't remember. Can you even get to the bar without going through security? If so, those antlers couldn't have been very big if they were going to fit in carry-on. I'm sure there is video of it either way if security is willing to pull it up.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I can't remember. Can you even get to the bar without going through security? If so, those antlers couldn't have been very big if they were going to fit in carry-on. I'm sure there is video of it either way if security is willing to pull it up.
    You must pass security in order to hit the bar.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Yes, there most likely is a video on the security camera of the antler snatcher. I doubt anyone would question someone 'leaving' with antlers, the thief had already made it in past security. The antler owner probably got there early and hadn't checked them into baggage yet. There's no way the airlines would let anyone carry a set of antlers on board the plane unless it was a small fork horn and he had them stuffed into his carry on bag...

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    I just got word from a worker at Ted Stevens Airport...a guy went into the bar, leaving his moose antlers right outside the door (which I would NEVER do that!) and someone grabbed them, don't know what size or what they looked like, people like that should be flogged!
    If he was at Ted Stevens Main Terminal all the bars are on the far side of TSA check points. Unless it was a dink moose there is no way he could have gotten the antlers through TSA. Any airline would have forced him to check them since they would have been too big to be a carry on. Other than the AK Air lounge there are no bars with doors at Ted Stevens. I have not been to the North Terminal in years, but imagine that the bars there are the same and are on the other side of the TSA check points, which would have forced the traveler to check the antlers as well.

The physical constraints of the air terminals makes this story implausible as presented. Stolen from a bar off airport would be more likely.

The physical constraints of the air terminals makes this story implausible as presented. Stolen from a bar off airport would be more likely.[/QUOTE]

There were two nice trophy racks taken while the owners were in the bar at the airport, don't know about the rules for not having checked them in before hitting the bar. The update is that both racks have been found and returned to their rightful owners. The thief turned himself in, no charges filed, no flogging. Most likely, said antler thief didn't make it out of the airport because the security guys were looking for the antlers already.

Still don't understand why someone would cut up and sell a nice rack like the one posted on craigslist...I don't think it's right to make a profit from of your big game animal.

There is a bar before security.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_logan View Post
    There is a bar before security.
    Yup you are exactly right. The "Upper One" bar is located in the main terminal and you DO NOT have to go through security or pass any TSA checkpoint to get there.
    The way the bar is situated there is no door but it is T shaped and so if you sit at a table you cannot see outside the bar.
    I am in there once a month when I come home from the slope. Get me a coke and a Pizza while I wait for my flight to Kenai.
    It is located right next to Grant Aviations Ticket counter.
    Glad to hear they got their horns back. Seems kinda stupid to steal somebodys horns from an airport with all the security and cameras etc.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post

Counter offers accepted.
    Interesting that the posting has been deleted!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

What happens if there over 50 pounds...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast